Child murder case can't find fair jury

OCBob

VIPER POWERED
Reaction score
Too bad that I am not in Florida, or allowed to serve on a jury. I would be both fair and impartial and listen to all the evidence in this case before I found the scumbag guilty and voted for the death penalty. Though to tell the truth I would rather see him get life and get thrown out on the yard, I know there are some guys on the yard that would make sure that he got a taste of some cruel and unusual punishment before he drew his last breath.

A Florida judge halted jury selection Thursday in the trial of a sex offender accused of kidnapping 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford and burying her alive, saying an impartial jury can't be found so close to her home.

Circuit Judge Ric Howard had already moved jury selection to Lake County, about 50 miles east of Homosassa, Florida, because of publicity surrounding the case.

On Thursday, after attorneys had spent three days trying to find jurors who hadn't been exposed to news reports about the case, Howard declared they were still too close to find an impartial jury.

It wasn't clear if he would shift only the jury selection process or move the entire trial.

John Evander Couey, 47, has pleaded not guilty to charges of first-degree murder, sexual battery on a child, kidnapping and burglary in the girl's death.

Jessica's body was found last about a month after she disappeared from her home near the mobile home where Couey had been living.

Her hands were tied with speaker wire and her fingers poked through the garbage bags in which authorities say she was buried alive.

The case sparked new laws requiring lifetime electronic monitoring from some sex offenders and significantly increased the penalties for others who target children.

Couey's taped confession -- which Howard recently ruled can't be used at his trial -- and other details of the case received widespread national media coverage. According to court records, Couey told investigators he took the girl from her room, raped her, swaddled her in garbage bags and buried her in the yard.

Prosecutors say they are confident physical evidence and other statements Couey has made will be enough to convict him and secure a death sentence.

ViperTruck2933 said:
Great minds think alike Bill. As I read OCBobs post I was thinking "just one bullet". You beat me to the punch.:rock:

In my opinion thats to quick and easy, why don't we bury him in a trash bag as well.:mad: I'd love to see where they are going to find an "impartial" jury, because if this guy gets off somethings wrong with the justice system big time.....

aint worth a bullet, spoon idea sounds good, let the family have him, i know what id do if it was my daughter.

I'm telling you guys, the best place for this guy is right on the yard at FSP. I know some guys there, that wouldn't take to kindly to his kind if you know what I mean. He deserves to suffer, and suffer he would in gen pop. A lot more than he will on the row.

The fact that the Couey case must be retried is a travesty of justice in (an of) itself.

Anyone who has been (previously) arrested and sent to prison has already been made FULLY aware of his constitutional rights many times before. Their knowledge of those rights should never be (even remotely) questioned....

What shall we do now....begin referring to this as the "Miranda reminder"?

Couey is guilty by confession from his own mouth...... case closed...

String the bastard up....

SD

Oh and BTW.....Lynette also wanted me to add this:

"Cut his balls off before we hang him......"

(Ouch)....

SD

I wouldn't dirty my bullets on him and I agree it would be too quick.I think taking his skin off in one inch squares over a long period of time would be a good death.Give him a blood transfusion if necessary to keep him alive to suffer a L O N G time.
Or beat the bottoms of his feet with a stick (for those not familiar with torture,this is brutally painful)
Or tie his wrists together behind his back and then start working the rope upwards towards his shoulders,pulling his arms as close together as possible.The real pain comes from releasing the ropes many long hours later.
Or the bamboo splinters under the fingernails with the flaming finish.

He should be made to suffer the cruelset torture known to man for as long as he could be kept alive to endure it . Death would be too kind.:mad:

I have always felt that people like this should die the same death as the one they caused.

Problem is finding individuals that would be willing to do some of the things that these assholes have done.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back