Chip Foose and MHT Wheels Cust Serv. SUCKS

Bravo

Reaction score
No response to email inquiries...no return of calls. After tileing through Foose phone menu tree, finally get to "wheel push 3". Response is: "we can't answer questions about Foose wheels, goodbye."
Finally got through to a receptionist at MHT california and she says "no one is here....I don't know where they are..." gives me a NJ #. Called them and first connection was a pick up and hang up on the other end. Called back and talked to a Vinnie Boomasta kind of fella. Asked if there were plans or could they do a Nitrous II in 22" and he says "no We're 12-14 weeks for old stuff. We're so backed up that (we just don't care). We don't do stuff for the SRT-10 Ram....Okay?" click, buzz.
No Foose wheels for me.
-J

Last edited:
That's a load of crap. I wonder if Chip knows this is how is business is being run.

You'd think that someone of his reputaion would have a better handle on his emplyees and his business. Not a way to run company...

Stretch

I just bought a set of Foose wheels for my caddi, now on my lincoln, but the chrome just sucks on them, I have to bring them back for a new set(hopefully). I was really surprised at the low quality job on these wheels, especially when his name is on them....

It seems to me that Name brand rims have recently been lacking in the quality department as of late. Maybe its better just to stick with rim manufacturers who don't specialize too much in bling?

This sometimes happens when someone's name gets larger than life. The sad part is that they can start churning out shit and charge a premium for it, anybody ever heard of OCC?????

OCBob said:
This sometimes happens when someone's name gets larger than life. The sad part is that they can start churning out shit and charge a premium for it, anybody ever heard of OCC?????

Was thinking that same thing Bob. What about West Coast Choppers? Do you think Jessie touches a bike anymore?

patrick

If I were Jesse I would only be touching that new wife of his!!!!! What did she see in him? Sandra must have been on a mercy binge! That was a catch...

Thats what Chip gets for stealing employees from Boyd. Guess Boyd will get the last laugh after all. Because I'm sure this type of information moves pretty fast in the market of Hot Rods. The business looks pretty cut throat to me and any chance to exploit someone elses bad deads i'll bet is taken advantage of pretty fast.

I know, Boyd sold his wheel business, but i bet he's still laughing

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:
Thats what Chip gets for stealing employees from Boyd. Guess Boyd will get the last laugh after all. Because I'm sure this type of information moves pretty fast in the market of Hot Rods. The business looks pretty cut throat to me and any chance to exploit someone elses bad deads i'll bet is taken advantage of pretty fast.

I know, Boyd sold his wheel business, but i bet he's still laughing

Last I heard, Boyd's shop was shut down while the California's DA office was serving a search warrant for some sort of vehicle registration fraud. :dontknow:

Maybe Chip didn't steal Boyd's employees? Maybe they left Boyd because he's an ass?

Either way back on topic. Friend ordered a set of Boyds thru Discount tire, when they showed up the Backset was wrong and the finish was just plain crapp.
Sooo he ordered a set of Foose wheels thru Discount. They still haven't arrived
6 weeks and waiting

Azmotorhead said:
Maybe Chip didn't steal Boyd's employees? Maybe they left Boyd because he's an ass?

Either way back on topic. Friend ordered a set of Boyds thru Discount tire, when they showed up the Backset was wrong and the finish was just plain crapp.
Sooo he ordered a set of Foose wheels thru Discount. They still haven't arrived
6 weeks and waiting

Alrighty Then.....

Guess if your on Discovery or TLC, we just put them in the sam calss as the poket peeler and the spray on hair by ronco. To busy with the retakes to provide good service.

Last I saw with Boyd is they were cooperating with the law and providing paperwork on the cars in question. seems like some of the mis dealings with price and taxes where done by the owners of the cars. But I sure we will learn more as time goes on

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:
Alrighty Then.....

Guess if your on Discovery or TLC, we just put them in the sam calss as the poket peeler and the spray on hair by ronco. To busy with the retakes to provide good service.

Last I saw with Boyd is they were cooperating with the law and providing paperwork on the cars in question. seems like some of the mis dealings with price and taxes where done by the owners of the cars. But I sure we will learn more as time goes on

Ah, the high cost of fame....................:2in1:

SD

Bravo said:
No response to email inquiries...no return of calls. After tileing through Foose phone menu tree, finally get to "wheel push 3". Response is: "we can't answer questions about Foose wheels, goodbye."
Finally got through to a receptionist at MHT california and she says "no one is here....I don't know where they are..." gives me a NJ #. Called them and first connection was a pick up and hang up on the other end. Called back and talked to a Vinnie Boomasta kind of fella. Asked if there were plans or could they do a Nitrous II in 22" and he says "no We're 12-14 weeks for old stuff. We're so backed up that (we just don't care). We don't do stuff for the SRT-10 Ram....Okay?" click, buzz.
No Foose wheels for me.
-J

I've been trying to get answers on those wheels for weeks. I give up, the factory wheels are just fine...I ain't got time to beg someone to sell me something.

Texas Yellow Fever said:
I've been trying to get answers on those wheels for weeks. I give up, the factory wheels are just fine...I ain't got time to beg someone to sell me something.

Damn shame isn't it...while in the long run it may have saved you a big PITA

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back