Christmas Music

Since I travel for a living, "I'll Be Home For Christmas", pertains to me. Even though I've been home for Christmas every year so far.. But still, it's nice.

As I've mentioned before during this time of year, I have a contract out on Andy Williams. For two reasons:

1) He influenced a star struck jury to allow Claudine Longet to muder one of my friends and get off with a 30 jail sentence.

2) His deplorable, saccarine and soppy wet rendition of "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"...

D

Django said:
As I've mentioned before during this time of year, I have a contract out on Andy Williams. For two reasons:

1) He influenced a star struck jury to allow Claudine Longet to muder one of my friends and get off with a 30 jail sentence.

2) His deplorable, saccarine and soppy wet rendition of "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"...

D

I've always preferred Bing Crosby.... and Johnny Mathis sings "Time of the Year" better anyways. :eek:

Rest in Peace, Spider.

At this point, I think it may be prudent to differentiate Christmas songs from carols......

I see carols as hymns............ Everything else is dookie.......

Black1 said:
I've always preferred Bing Crosby.... and Johnny Mathis sings "Time of the Year" better anyways. :eek:

Rest in Peace, Spider.

I like Dean Martin's voice..... It's so smooth...smoother than even Crosby....

Johnny Mathis always sounded like he was sitting on a fkn paint shaker..... Very contrived vibrato, IMO..... Chicks love him and therefore, do us favors when they hear him.... So, alotta guys cut him major slack.... But, I'm firmly convinced that he doesn't like girls anyway.......

D

Last edited:
Django said:
At this point, I think it may be prudent to differentiate Christmas songs from carols......

I like Dean Martin's voice..... It's so smooth...smoother than even Crosby....

Johnny Mathis always sounded like he was sitting on a fkn paint shaker..... Very contrived vibrato, IMO..... Chicks love him and therefore, do us favors when they hear him.... So, alotta guys cut him major slack.... But, I'm firmly convinced that he doesn't like girls anyway.......

D

Well, hell... if yer looking for musical ability to sing a CAROL (in two different languages, no less)... Mr. Pavarotti is your man. :eek: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDlJa2CpjHc

But, Dean is my idol... as he was my Father's, and my Grandfather's before me.... :cool:

Black1 said:
Well, hell... if yer looking for musical ability to sing a CAROL (in two different languages, no less)... Mr. Pavarotti is your man. :eek: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDlJa2CpjHc

But, Dean is my idol... as he was my Father's, and my Grandfather's before me.... :cool:

Luciano was awesome. But I still consider David Phelp's to be second to no one. That includes ALL the degos, spics and Spaniards...... That goes for (my brother) Larnelle Harris, too....

D

Django said:

There is a definite difference,but I like most all of them anyway :D

I think the thread was titled Christmas music :dontknow:

which is inclusive of both the sacred and secular ,is it not ?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

HOT RAM said:
Django said:

There is a definite difference,but I like most all of them anyway :D

I think the thread was titled Christmas music :dontknow:

which is inclusive of both the sacred and secular ,is it not ?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Secular doesn't bother me..... that much..... I guess.

(u knew there was a "but" coming..........)

But the secular nature is (IMO) what fks up the true meaning of Christmas.

I've said before: "If ya don't believe in Jesus, you have no real reason to celebrate his birth........" That's harsh, I know... And, there is much to be said about those who are still people of goodwill. They get a pass in my world because they are contributing (spiritually) to what Jesus was all about. "He went about doing good and setting free those who were opressed by evil...." (paraphrased)..

Silent Night rules, too.

D

Last edited:
OK...If yer gonna be silly about it.....

Here's one that always reminds me of a two scoop ice cream cone laying under a parked car. (Orange and lime sherbert to be specific).

Back to the Lakes/Suns game.....

D

Django said:
OK...If yer gonna be silly about it.....

Here's one that always reminds me of a two scoop ice cream cone laying under a parked car. (Orange and lime sherbert to be specific).

Back to the Lakes/Suns game.....

D

Link please... sherbet boy. :D :dontknow: :D

Black1 said:
Link please... sherbet boy. :D :dontknow: :D
Sherbert :D :D :D Funny I picture him as more a Sploogemoni kinda guy ;) :D Of course non-dairy....Guy pays 8 bucks for a gallon of milk :dontknow: Ice Cream must cost at least a Jackson :D

TheSickness said:
Sherbert :D :D :D Funny I picture him as more a Sploogemoni kinda guy ;) :D Of course non-dairy....Guy pays 8 bucks for a gallon of milk :dontknow: Ice Cream must cost at least a Jackson :D

I don't pay anything for milk... I don't drink it...........

Sherbet was 5 cents a scoop in those days......... beat that .......... Hell, beat this homeboy.

D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back