chrome intake manifold

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a chrome intake manifold completely smoothe like hennessey's. does any one have one that they can sell or know where i can get one?? i will not buy another from hennessey and my chromer had mine since february and still hasnt finished it so i took it back.

QUICKSRT10/SRT8 said:
I am looking for a chrome intake manifold completely smoothe like hennessey's. does any one have one that they can sell or know where i can get one?? i will not buy another from hennessey and my chromer had mine since february and still hasnt finished it so i took it back.

there is a guy in TN, I will have to find you his name tho, does killer work

Hard hard is it to disassemble and re-assemble those things anyway? A chrome intake is like one of the major bling items IMHO..:)

Stinker said:
DAMN! you do thaat too!!lololololololololo:D :D :D :D :rock:

We don't do any chroming, but we do have a process that we can put a coat of liquid aluminum on a part (like an intake manifold) which will smooth out the roughness and imperfections and facilitate polishing to a mirror finish. That finish can then be left as is, or chromed if desired. We can also add lettering, logos, etc, to the intake runners on the manifold, which I think will be cool, they look kinda naked the way they are built.

Interestingly enough, this same process can be applied to any item that does not reach temperatures of more than 400 degrees, such as coolant overflow bottles, interior pieces, etc, etc, there's really no limit. This is aprocess that's been round for a long time and we uses it a lot in the sign business, but to my know;edge it's never been applied to the automotive business. We can do aluminum, stainless steel, bronze, brass, and gold....

Texas Yellow Fever said:
We don't do any chroming, but we do have a process that we can put a coat of liquid aluminum on a part (like an intake manifold) which will smooth out the roughness and imperfections and facilitate polishing to a mirror finish. That finish can then be left as is, or chromed if desired. We can also add lettering, logos, etc, to the intake runners on the manifold, which I think will be cool, they look kinda naked the way they are built.

Interestingly enough, this same process can be applied to any item that does not reach temperatures of more than 400 degrees, such as coolant overflow bottles, interior pieces, etc, etc, there's really no limit. This is aprocess that's been round for a long time and we uses it a lot in the sign business, but to my know;edge it's never been applied to the automotive business. We can do aluminum, stainless steel, bronze, brass, and gold....

That is certainly not a bad idea Steve. The possibilities SHOULD be endless.:D

Texas Yellow Fever said:

Sounds interesting,may have to check into it a little more in depth once I get my powder coated one switched out !!!Can't ever have too much bling !!:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Texas Yellow Fever said:

that is kick ass:rock:
i actually took mine off and sanded it down to polish it, and I sanded for hours trying to smooth it out, your process would be killeer:rock: :rock: :rock:

It's not hard at all Anthony. I think there's some instructions in the DIY area. Basically if you can turn a wrench to can do it. I'd recommend going back with some 12 pt stainless bolts as some of the stock ones are hard to get a wrench on and I would recommend changing the spark plug wires while you're at it to MSD or something, since you have to remove the intake to change them unless you have little monkey hands like Stinker.

Texas Yellow Fever said:
It's not hard at all Anthony. I think there's some instructions in the DIY area. Basically if you can turn a wrench to can do it. I'd recommend going back with some 12 pt stainless bolts as some of the stock ones are hard to get a wrench on and I would recommend changing the spark plug wires while you're at it to MSD or something, since you have to remove the intake to change them unless you have little monkey hands like Stinker.

LOLOL

yeah anthony its actually easy, you can reuse the gaskets.
jsut take a long look at it today, take off the throttle cables and the throttle body , remove injectors, rails as one peice,, then you just need a long torx bit to fit.

Stinker said:
LOLOL

yeah anthony its actually easy, you can reuse the gaskets.
jsut take a long look at it today, take off the throttle cables and the throttle body , remove injectors, rails as one peice,, then you just need a long torx bit to fit.

I helped change out Mutt's, and it wasn't that hard. A few of the bolts are a little difficult to get to, but all-in-all not near as hard as I though it would be.

Texas Yellow Fever said:

Yeah,been eyeing up the Accel 8.8 bulk wire so it matches everything else !I've already got the MSD 8.5's !!:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back