Chrome or Black Powdercoat?

John02SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to do something with the wheels on the truck. I'm torn between buying chrome stockers or powdercoating mine a satin black or maybe a gunmetal. Truck is silver. What do yall think?

John

I am lovin the black! I have a thing for it these days. Chrome is all played out IMHO. Plus, the black will match the mirrors and door handles, trim, upper and lower grills, etc.

I know it's really popular to powdercoat chrome rims black (or near-black) these days... but IMHO that's just TOO much black, especially on a black truck. To me the chrome rims add the perfect amount of contrast, but for as many powdercoated rims I've been seeing these days, it's obvious I'm in the minority... :(

I personally lean toward black. I am anti chrome :D But if you want to do something different I think Nipple Pink should work. :dontknow: :p

i been gettin wood over the chrome/polished rims with black spokes & hub.
:rock: :rock: :rock:
that permastar process is pretty kickin also:burnout:

Might want to check out a powder color called "smoke".

It's kind of a semi-translucent black, almost a black chrome (but even more so than the powder color called black chrome).

Stay posted for some examples of this...:D

I need to get amtrucker22 to swing by and let me put two of his on the truck and see how it looks! :D I'll buy lunch that day!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back