Chrysler Mourns, Looks To Replace Dodge Ram SRT10

OCBob

VIPER POWERED
Reaction score
Chrysler Group said on Monday it has stopped making the Dodge Ram SRT10 high-performance truck.

Dan Bodene, Chrysler Group's Street and Racing Technology/motorsports spokesman, told Inside Line that engineering teams are looking at a replacement for the Ram SRT10 "within the truck portfolio," but he said the company probably will not do a Durango SRT "because of its size and weight and the impact on performance."

In addition, Bodene said that a Dodge Nitro SRT is undecided, but added that "the likelihood of that is low because of powertrain concerns." The Nitro can't accommodate the company's vaunted Hemi engine. The 2007 Dodge Caliber SRT-4 is due out later this year.

Blame a good deal of the Ram SRT10's demise on gas prices. The quad-cab version of the high-performance truck only returned 9 mpg in city driving and 12 mpg on the highway. The regular cab version returned 9 mpg in city driving and 15 on the highway.

Dodge introduced the SRT10 in late 2003 and sold 4,500 of the trucks through 2005. Sales figures for 2006 are unavailable. The truck started at $48,505 but may now see a price spike given its discontinuation.

"At least we hope it does," Bodene said. He wouldn't disclose how many were left on dealer lots.

What this means to you: SRT is in a state of flux. But you can bet it will settle down and hit a couple out of the park this year.

I will sell my truck when I'm too old to drive........

It ought'a be worth something by then........

SD

Now what does that mean when some idiot runs into you , and basically allmost or does total your truck, like they did my rumblebee, does that mean insurance will pay out that much , you better believe NOOOTTTT!!! :(

Viper7777 said:
Now what does that mean when some idiot runs into you , and basically allmost or does total your truck, like they did my rumblebee, does that mean insurance will pay out that much , you better believe NOOOTTTT!!! :(
now that production has ended...you can ensure it as a collectable, which means it's worth whatever you insure it for.;)

I'd like to see an SRT8 Dakota. Almost bought one of those Magnum RT 5.9 Dakotas a while back, but didn't like A/T only. If a big motor in a big truck is good, a big motor in a little truck is better:idea:

"People who live in glass houses should dress in the basement"...lol

I am very pleased to hear that they ended production. I however wish I would have bought an '06 instead due to the nav and heated seats. I also think the headlights are much brighter. Anyone want an '05 QC with everything and 13,000 miles?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back