CKP sensor

thevtecnician

Reaction score
IS there any way to test the CKP sensor? Has anyone ever had issues with one failing? If so, what are some of the symptoms?

TIA!

I have and it would buck, backfire and sputter often. Never thru a code at all even though could barely go 60 at times. Cost like 7$,lol

Yeah I found one for about $6. This truck is driving me nuts. Cylinder#10 doesn't seem to be firing although it has spark, fuel, timing, and compression. I was wondering if it could be the CKP.

I just went ahead and ordered the CKP. $6 won't hurt. The truck is backfiring real bad. Anyone have any suggestions?

change plugs and wires !!! i have had bad new plugs before ! if it's backfiring then the fuel is getting in but is pumped into the exhaust manifold and lit off by the next fire. so fuel getting in just not firing on all cylinders.

Not sure what changes were made to the truck lately so really hard to say! could be anything

Thanks for the tip. The plugs do seem to be a little old, and the truck sat around for quite a while (6-7 months) I tested them though and they seem to be sparking, but I'm getting an orangish spark.

A LOT of work was done to this truck. The turbo manifolds were remade, and we relocated the chassis wiring harness, ECM, Fusebox/IPM, battery, fuel pressure regulator, and ABS module. We also re made all the water/oil lines from scratch with AN line and fittings. I chased down all DTC's, and all little bugs and issues beside this one, and we still need to bleed the ABS brakes completely.

That's why It's been sitting a while.

Well , I believe the spark should be blue . Maybe check the voltage at the primary side of the coils

Well, I pulled the #10 plug wire while the engine was running, and while it was arcing on the manifold, it was super blue and super strong. I've never seen anything like it before lol. Spark plugs on their way!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back