Classifieds - Post a price

big_ol_meat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can we make it mandatory to post a price instead of 40 posts asking someone for a price on certain parts? A few safe guards wouldn't be too bad either. ;) Some forums require pictures with the user id of the seller on a piece of paper. I think it would be a lot cleaner if we required a picture and price before posting the for sale ad.

Some people dont want to post a price. If you dont know what the market is for something, or are just trying to clean garage out of some junk, it may be in your best interest as a seller to ask for best offer. Get what you can out of it. When someone ask for 150 obo, they might as well just say best offer to begin with. Who igoing to pay 150, when you know the buyer is willing to take less.

As for pictures. Sure its nice to have a picture on certain items to make sure there are no damages. i dont think its necessary to prove you have it. If your selling a stock intake manifold, everyone knows what they look like. If your selling a K&N intake. We know what those look like. if your interested in buying it, but unsure of the quality, ask the seller to send you a pic. But it shouldnt be required to post.

some forums do require pics, price, etc. or they will just delete your thread for not following rules...

it always helps, IMO, but i agree to an extent that sometimes you gotta throw spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks...

we can make it mandatory, but i don't personally think it's necessary...

but it's up to you guys, really...

IMO, leave the price and photo decision up to the seller. It's up to them how they want to market their offerings.

I think it needs to be left up to seller. As a buyer if you dont like the fact that someone doesnt post a pix or a price then just move on. Sometimes like Jeff said people dont really know the value or just really need/want to sell something and they dont wanna post some crazy high/low price and not get best value out of something. I used this technique when i sold my stock engine because i had no idea what kinda of value to put on a engine with 150k on it. In my head i said id take couple hundred bucks and got offered 600.00 so i ended up gettin 400 more then i expected lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back