clay bar clay

VIPR PWR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
after purchasing Mothers Clay Bar Kit and seeing the very small piece of clay in it :confused: -----what type of clay is used for a clay bar ? Can the type of clay be purchased else where ? I want enough that I can at least feel it on my hand when clay baring the truck..:bebored:

I used liquid clay bar couldnt find any clay bars here. Comes with a big applicator. Seems like it worked?:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

I tried ICE liquid clay bar and decided to get a comparision with a regular clay bar----so I bought the Mothers kit from of all places K-Mart----the clay in the kit is very small and I don't see how i could possibly do the whole truck ---so i'm trying to find out the type of clay it is and if I can purchase it in a larger amount...

this is what i use too,you get a big chunk...it will last you a good while. (GRIOT'S)

Thanks Prof and Sanchoba ---checking into Groits

VIPR PWR said:
I tried ICE liquid clay bar and decided to get a comparision with a regular clay bar----so I bought the Mothers kit from of all places K-Mart----the clay in the kit is very small and I don't see how i could possibly do the whole truck ---so i'm trying to find out the type of clay it is and if I can purchase it in a larger amount...
Yes thats what i used it seemed to expedite the process. All the pieces of clay around here are the size of hotel bar soap!

nycstev that was the size of the bar in the mothers kit----17 bucks for a bar the size of a hotel soap bar ---no way i can see that thing to do the whole truck hahahahahah

Go with the Griots, and order a gallon of the speed shine and a couple microfiber towels, because once you use it, you will love it........:rock:

I used mother clay bar along with liquide ice clay bar as the lubercant. Works awsome and you clay never gets dirty.

I personally use the Meguiars Professional Detailing Clay...I bought
a 200g bar for 45.00 CDN.You could cut it in 3 good pcs...Also use
for lubricant Meguairs Quick Detailer works magic for me...After doing
clay bar i follow up with Meguiars NXT polish/wax for insane shine...
Everybody has different views of different products I happen to
love Meguiars products...:)

very interesting and i still have some ice liquid clay left ---think i'll test it ....

noid said:
I used mother clay bar along with liquide ice clay bar as the lubercant. Works awsome and you clay never gets dirty.

If it never gets dirty, it isn't doing the job...think about it...

Roy

I'm still wondering what type of clay is used in the clay bars

Go to the Griots site and ask the question...or I will do the research for you at a small fee.;) :p

Prof said:
If it never gets dirty, it isn't doing the job...think about it...

Roy

Actually it does do the job. The ice product wash's out the dirt build up in the clay bar.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back