Clay bar/Polish/Wax?

Airbound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So hope some of you guys can give me a detailed answer.. I want to clay bar my truck, never doen it before. They sell a kit for 22 bucks includes the bar and the lubricant but not very good instructions. I have some meguirs Carnuba wax but do I need to polish it after the clay bar? and then i will wax it after. Also i lovse this kind of time consuming thing but in the end will the work be worth the results or should i just freaking wash/wax it?? please any detailed answers are appreciated.

So hope some of you guys can give me a detailed answer.. I want to clay bar my truck, never doen it before. They sell a kit for 22 bucks includes the bar and the lubricant but not very good instructions. I have some meguirs Carnuba wax but do I need to polish it after the clay bar? and then i will wax it after. Also i lovse this kind of time consuming thing but in the end will the work be worth the results or should i just freaking wash/wax it?? please any detailed answers are appreciated.

Wash, clay bar, wash, then finish with Rejex!

wash with dawn detergent to get all the old wax off...clay,polish wax.

wash with dawn detergent to get all the old wax off...clay,polish wax.

+1 to that! I used all Zaino products on my vette and it turned out awesome. Just make sure you keep the clay well lubed or it will stick and leave marks that can be hell to remove. I still need to do my truck and I will probably use Zaino there as well. Good Luck!:rock:

Wash, Additives, Clay, Wash, Polish, Wax, Detail is the way I roll haha

I go the mcguires clay bar kit, mcguires polish and mcguires wax... i cant wait unti tom to do it, it is goign to be an all day affair. Dawn soap tho really??? and will all this work be worth it?

i use Griots products:rock:

their machine clay bar system is da shits:rock::rock::rock:

you will be amazed at how dirty she is even after washin clay barin, hand or machine.

but like everyone has said, wash, Dawn is good, clay, wash again is a big help, polish, i would vote for a wash again & then wax.

heard nothing but good on the Rejex. 2 coats would be the way to.

but the bottom line is.......ENJOY. this should be quality time with your beast. take your time, feel her lines, caress her big ass, yes smilin is great & gettin heavy is a good side effect:D

dam, i love these beautiful beasts:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

I go the mcguires clay bar kit, mcguires polish and mcguires wax... i cant wait unti tom to do it, it is goign to be an all day affair. Dawn soap tho really??? :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:and will all this work be worth it?:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

one word..................

HELL YEAH:drool::drool::drool:

These guys know what they're talking about, just look at their pics. Our Inferno Red really pops after this sort of treatment. Plus it makes it faster. And louder. And it gets chicks.

I use groits products. they sell it at advanced auto parts. not sure if the have that where you are. But i got a zaino kit a wile back and it was great but for less money you can get a similar result with the groits. Also use a sealer. then a few weeks later wash it (not with dish soap) get a carwash soap that wont take off your wax. then use carnuba on top of the sealer. The sealer alone will give you a year between details and if you are doing a carnuba every few months it will look great all year. biggest trick with any of these methods is not having contaminate under wax. so your wash, clay, wash,
is important. some people will even use a rubbing compound to remove every swirl and blemish. depends on how much time and elbow grease you want to put in. on that subject go get a variable speed buffer and a dual action if you plan on doing this often. your arms will thank you.
truck2small.jpg
truck3.jpg

These guys know what they're talking about, just look at their pics. Our Inferno Red really pops after this sort of treatment. Plus it makes it faster. And louder. And it gets chicks.

You got that right, popular opinion is black is the hardest color to keep clean but after getting Inferno Red. You can tell a huge difference between a fresh clean and a week old Inferno Red. It's duller and just doesn't pop at all. Black is hardest to make look clean but Inferno is a close second.

Here's mine all clean and pretty!

Last edited:
You got that right, popular opinion is black is the hardest color to keep clean but after getting Inferno Red. You can tell a huge difference between a fresh clean and a week old Inferno Red. It's duller and just doesn't pop at all. Black is hardest to make look clean but Inferno is a close second.

Here's mine all clean and pretty!

INFERNO RED CRYSTAL PEARLCOAT...FTW!!

I must have missed it, did you get a 10 ?

Waiting for the right one, I sat in everything at the auto show and was eating headliner in everything so a 10 is golden ticket and in the spring I’ll pick one up. I'm web building it right now, as you know engineers are weird so I'm doing all the pertinent research before I buy.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back