Clogged Cat

Scooby82882

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was out for a drive yesterday when my truck started getting really sluggish anytime I stepped on the gas. Exhaust had a funny tone to it, and truck does not want to exceed about 3500 rpms. Limped it 6 miles back to the house, and when I got out had a smell similar to rotten eggs. Did a full truck visual inspection and noticed that the 2nd cat on the right side of the exhaust was glowing bright red. It's not completely clogged yet though as some of the exhaust is still coming out the tailpipe. Just under 26K on the truck right now, and a magnaflow catback. Going to replace the 2nd cats on both pipes and am looking for suggestions. Thinking of either powersticks or maybe a cherry bomb, wanting to open up the exhaust without a straight pipe so wondering the best way to proceed.

That sounds like what happend to my friends Car ran like crap and all along was the cat, I removed all 4 cats and have a dynomax super X muffler on there now, She is very loud tho.

I have 26 inch Powersticks on mine, with everything else stock on the exhaust (no resonator though) and it is pretty loud. Powersticks sound great so if you want it loud and mean, go with them.

Think the biggest trick is going to be what I can get readily available around town here, not trying to do a bunch of driving around or waiting for parts in the mail. I do like the way the powersticks look though

Going catless with a magnaflow has a great tone but you will end up with a nasty drone especially at 2k. If you start your truck before 7 am your neighbors will hate you too. I am ready to install some cherry bombs where the cats were myself. Tennesessee did this and said it cured most of the in cab drone.

patrick

straightpipe is the winner in the end, got 2 one foot lengths of 2/5 inch pipe from a custom exhaust place up here for 8 bucks

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back