at Carlisle Penn.There was the Viper Club Of America there that
the support from members was amazing...There was at least 50 - 60
Dodge Vipers all years present...They had a whole tent set up for them
it was truly well done...In my class 2004 STOCK there was 2 only and
rest RUMBLE BEES...In the 05 - 06 class there was only 3 total...It
was really to bad...These trucks are amazing...When people came up
to my truck they knew what it was and asked me questions and took
pictures and were amazed...WHY can't we have that also...The show
in Carlisle is first class well done lots of room and location is primo...
Just a thought for maybe next year we can meet at the show and really
put on a display of our amazing trucks...I drive 8 1/2 hours to go to this
show...I don't know if it's the same for most of you but i would think it's
pretty central...I will post some pics in the media section...
Thanks guys BOB

Hi Bob, I agree. The VCA was very well represented and they put on a first rate show within the show. Can the VTCOA do something similar -- I think so. But I also think it takes a lot of preplanning and arrangements to pull off what the VCA did. I saw the threads on VCA's site and they began to plan for this event months in advance and worked closely with the Carlisle Events staff on securing space, tents, etc. Maybe we can do something similar next year, e.g. a GTG at the Nationals?

Yes, I attended this event as well and I took first place in the stock 2005 class (G112), even though my truck is a 2006.

I saw your truck and I am sorry we couldn't chat -- nobody was around when I passed by yours. My Dad loved it, he's a silver fan :D I got the same reactions and accolades from people who viewed my truck. Tons of questions abounded, especially those about the engine, handling and the color and years it was available. I met one guy who just returned from Iraq and if my truck was a QC, I probably could have sold it right there on the spot. BTW, the first picture of the Inferno Red truck in your 2nd photo thread is mine. When I get home from work tonight I am going to Post up my pics, finally got them downloaded from my new digital camera. :rock:

Take care.

We have done something like that for the past 3 years at the Nats, but we were treated like the red headed step child. So a lot of us aren't going back.

We did get a lot of people to come by and look at our vehicles, but the people that put on the event couldn't have cared less if we were there or not. So now were are not there.

Bill.

Begood said:
We have done something like that for the past 3 years at the Nats, but we were treated like the red headed step child. So a lot of us aren't going back.

We did get a lot of people to come by and look at our vehicles, but the people that put on the event couldn't have cared less if we were there or not. So now were are not there.

Bill.

What happened that created this situation? :dontknow: Black balling what I would consider a national event and an opportunity to showcase our vehicles is a pretty strong stance to take. The event staff I dealt with were first rate and welcomed us with open arms, always willing to help, give directions, answer questions, etc.

FastRam said:
Hi Bob, I agree. The VCA was very well represented and they put on a first rate show within the show. Can the VTCOA do something similar -- I think so. But I also think it takes a lot of preplanning and arrangements to pull off what the VCA did. I saw the threads on VCA's site and they began to plan for this event months in advance and worked closely with the Carlisle Events staff on securing space, tents, etc. Maybe we can do something similar next year, e.g. a GTG at the Nationals?

Yes, I attended this event as well and I took first place in the stock 2005 class (G112), even though my truck is a 2006.

I saw your truck and I am sorry we couldn't chat -- nobody was around when I passed by yours. My Dad loved it, he's a silver fan :D I got the same reactions and accolades from people who viewed my truck. Tons of questions abounded, especially those about the engine, handling and the color and years it was available. I met one guy who just returned from Iraq and if my truck was a QC, I probably could have sold it right there on the spot. BTW, the first picture of the Inferno Red truck in your 2nd photo thread is mine. When I get home from work tonight I am going to Post up my pics, finally got them downloaded from my new digital camera. :rock:

Take care.
I think a GTG at the Carlisle show would be awesome...Yes it does take some planning...But i think as soon as we have a certain number of pre registered they automaticaly set up a tent for us and space in provide for the number of trucks...We should next year try to get together...At the All Chrysler show or even The All Trucks show...Both are first class shows...:)

04 SRT 10 said:
I think a GTG at the Carlisle show would be awesome...Yes it does take some planning...But i think as soon as we have a certain number of pre registered they automaticaly set up a tent for us and space in provide for the number of trucks...We should next year try to get together...At the All Chrysler show or even The All Trucks show...Both are first class shows...:)
probably wont happen with our new annual national gtg in panama city beach,i believe this event replaced the nats for us

flchub said:
probably wont happen with our new annual national gtg in panama city beach,i believe this event replaced the nats for us

Why not? Maybe some of us, like me or others. can't make the FLA event (for whatever reason). I personally would like to but timing and funds availability play a critical role with me. Carlisle and other events may do the same to further promote our vehicles? I don't think Bob and I are looking to replace the PCB GTG but even I expected a few more 10's at Carlisle. For God sakes I think I was the only 06 10 in the lot. Maybe thats why I won the show class :D

04 SRT 10 said:

Bob, yes, the Carlisle show does require a minimum turn out for a tent and space allocation and tent size is dependent upon how many folks are pre-registered. I don't think I am going to make the All Truck show -- I have a business trip or 2 that needs to be taken.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back