Clutch Advise....

2ndchance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was heading to the dealer to get my oil changed and i went to change gears. As i changed gears the clutch went limp and i quickly pulled over. I waited about 5 mins and it was working ok but still kinda limp. i finally mad eit to the dealer and they said the fliud for the clutch was low however it was an indication that the clutch needed to be replaced. they qouted me 975 for parts and 600 in labor.

my questions are how much long do u al think i have left on the clutch b4 i need to replace it.

what route should i go? pay the 1500 in parts and labor from the dealer?

or get a centerforce clutch, keep the stock flywheel, and have someone else do the install?

thanks mickey, i just pm'd ya back. i will be there even if i have to push her myself.

Forget the stock clutch. Get the centerforce clutch and you must have the viper master/slave for it to work properly. You can either resurface your stock flywheel or get a new one (not expensive). The Fidanza flywheel is fine but its $500 or so. Your dealer is charging you too much on labor. I paid my dealer on Maui $400.

patrick

just being curious but what does the centerforce clutch and viper master/slave run for? and what would it cost to get the flywheel resurfaced?

about $1500 or so for the kit I think, but sounds like your slave or master cylinder went out.

the actual clutch could be fine, but you might as well replace everything while ya in there.

Stinker said:
about $1500 or so for the kit I think, but sounds like your slave or master cylinder went out.

the actual clutch could be fine, but you might as well replace everything while ya in there.

hey, thats what i was gonna say.....sounds exactly like what mine did.....

2ndchance said:
thanks mickey, i just pm'd ya back. i will be there even if i have to push her myself.

Don,t thank me,Thank Kenny(N.B.T.):rock: :burnout:

mauiSRT/10 said:
Forget the stock clutch. Get the centerforce clutch and you must have the viper master/slave for it to work properly. You can either resurface your stock flywheel or get a new one (not expensive). The Fidanza flywheel is fine but its $500 or so. Your dealer is charging you too much on labor. I paid my dealer on Maui $400.

patrick
what maui said !!!

i bought the complete kit from roe for $1500 (centerforce clutch/pressure plate, viper master/slave/shims & fidanza flywheel) & had the local dealer install for $450.00......
you can get the same kit thru jmb (i think) w/o the flywheel for ~ $1000.00... the flywheel change over stock is highly debated...... for me, i got alot quicker throttle response over the stocker, but shifting can be more jerky if not done smoothly -- the stocker is a slower response & more forgiving in everyday driving.......
your dealer is rippin' you on the install bro, find another one......:D

2ndchance said:
just being curious but what does the centerforce clutch and viper master/slave run for? and what would it cost to get the flywheel resurfaced?

you have a pm.;)

thanks again for all the help guys. glad to know everyone here has my back when it comes to stuff like this. i truely appreciate it!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back