clutch chatter......

moparracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have heard that some have a little clutch chatter in first & reverse with the centerforce/Fidanza upgrade..... is this because of the aluminum flywheel ??
would the stock flywheel eliminate this or is this a by-product of the centerforce clutch itself ?

thanks.

moparracing said:
i have heard that some have a little clutch chatter in first & reverse with the centerforce/Fidanza upgrade..... is this because of the aluminum flywheel ??
would the stock flywheel eliminate this or is this a by-product of the centerforce clutch itself ?

thanks.

I had clutch chatter in the Stocker, Haven't had a single problem with the CF & Fidanza Flywheel!!

My quess is improper breakin!!

It's a performance clutch.....chatter is an inherent trait with performance clutches and heavier pressure plates. My TT300ZX does it with the Stage V clutch and a stock flywheel.

I havn't heard of very many people (maybe 2) having chatter with the CF & Fidanza??

I have had mine for 30,000 miles, still launches smooth as silk?

My stocker chattered like crazy!!

Marc T said:
I had clutch chatter in the Stocker, Haven't had a single problem with the CF & Fidanza Flywheel!!

My quess is improper breakin!!

Mine chattered from day 1 after the install. It is inherent to a performance clutch and flywheel as slow91 stated.

My stock clutch never chattered not once. So take it for what it's worth.:dontknow:

Let the chatter go to 500 mile break in... then flat peddal that;) :) :burnout: truck...chatter should go away... mine did.

Wow! No offense to anybody intended, but this thread was pointless and disappointing.

Some stockers chattered, some didn't

Some Centerforce's chattered, some didn't.

So nothing to learn here. :dontknow:

vvv90 said:
Wow! No offense to anybody intended, but this thread was pointless and disappointing.

Some stockers chattered, some didn't

Some Centerforce's chattered, some didn't.

So nothing to learn here. :dontknow:
i guess the point is that regardless of the setup -- some guys have clutch chatter.......

i just went ahead & did it all & have no chatter......:D :p

it all depends on how you drive. when you slip it a lot it makes the flywheel get hot spots and it warps it a lil bit which gives you the chatter

NBT said:
Let the chatter go to 500 mile break in... then flat peddal that;) :) :burnout: truck...chatter should go away... mine did.

:dito:

Just to bump this OLD thread... I have around 300 miles on my CF, Viper masterslave, Stock Flywheel upgrade right now... I'm getting a bit of chatter in first gear and reverse.. Only a couple hundred more miles for the break-in.. Hoping it goes away. I never had any chatter with my stock clutch and had 45K miles on it...

portlandsrt said:
Just to bump this OLD thread... I have around 300 miles on my CF, Viper masterslave, Stock Flywheel upgrade right now... I'm getting a bit of chatter in first gear and reverse.. Only a couple hundred more miles for the break-in.. Hoping it goes away. I never had any chatter with my stock clutch and had 45K miles on it...

it will eventually go away bro, and I dont suggest this , but I always do a little burn it too, in other words a couple of good slippage engagements;)

portlandsrt said:
i'm around 10k on my centerforce clutch/fidanza flywheel - no chatter @ all...... :D

portlandsrt said:

As Stinker said,it goes away after the break-in and then using it ......................... HARD !! :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back