clutch chatter......

I have had two CenterForce clutches, one with the Fidanza and one with the OEM flywheel...one chattered one doesn't...the Viper Slave and Master mod is mandatory.

Truck with 4:10 gears and the Fidanza was not fun to drive in traffic. Not enough rotating mass to idle off the line smoothly. With 4:56 gears and the heavy stock flywheel it is much more docile in traffic.

Next will be the Tilton...but I have to save my allowance for a while to get it. Maybe this winter...

https://www.viperspecialtyperforman..._reviews_info.php?products_id=37&reviews_id=2

:ahhhhh: That puppy is pricey!!!!! :argh: :argh: i could have a ROE for that price! Hmmm maybe i will....... Winter is coming:argh: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Prof said:
Truck with 4:10 gears and the Fidanza was not fun to drive in traffic. Not enough rotating mass to idle off the line smoothly. With 4:56 gears and the heavy stock flywheel it is much more docile in traffic.
i think it's more likely the change of gearing had more to do with that than the changing of flywheels.......... ;)

I did the changes at two different times...Jerry is the big proponent of lots of rotating mass, in lieu of rapid revs...and I have become an advocate too.

Prof said:
I did the changes at two different times...Jerry is the big proponent of lots of rotating mass, in lieu of rapid revs...and I have become an advocate too.
:dontknow: centerforce/fidanza has been no issues with driving or chattering for me. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back