Clutch Crashes to The floor

Marc T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was backing into a parking spot and all of a sudden the clutch goes strait to the floor with a pop!!

Looks like there is some sort of clip that anchors the Master cylinder to the fire wall connection. Clutch is just hanging in there now.

No fluid loss, appears to be mechanical only.

Towed it to the dealership that installed it, we will see if they repair it undr my extended warranty!!:dontknow:

I think that is just that little white plastic piece. I think I remember a couple of others having that happen to them too....

Should be a simple fix. Hope the warranty covers it for ya.

OMG!! What if it rains while the truck is at the dealer!!???!!!
:D:D:D

I had that happen to me, mixed a small amount of epoxy put some on the plastic part of the master cylinder. Clipped it back into place hasnt done it since, definetly was a buzz kill.

Well the clip apparently popped off, anyone with the Viper upgrade may want to take a look at you master cylinder where it sits at the firewall and check to see if yours is comming loose.

They just clipped it bck in with the old clip. I have a feeling it will do it agin though.

Stinker, Justin, Sean maybe you can come up with a little fix for this???:dontknow:

It is working fine now!!

it's a real easy fix, next time it breaks go to an auto zone, napa, oreilly(you get the drift) and pick up a pedal and shift linkage bushing kit, the brand is HELP and part number 14041 has the right one for our trucks, i've broke like 3 and now keep a spare with me, but i've also broke the whole rod that goes into the master cylinder and had to replace the cylinder:eek:

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
it's a real easy fix, next time it breaks go to an auto zone, napa, oreilly(you get the drift) and pick up a pedal and shift linkage bushing kit, the brand is HELP and part number 14041 has the right one for our trucks, i've broke like 3 and now keep a spare with me, but i've also broke the whole rod that goes into the master cylinder and had to replace the cylinder:eek:

Thanks,

Wish I would have known that then. Would have saved me a tow!!:confused:

I will buy one and keep itin the truck!!!:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back