Clutch is gone, got any info ???

ViperX24

Reaction score
So my clutch was getting harder to shift and then one day i went out to my truck and i couldn't put it in any gear. So tried bleeding the lines and got some real black liquid almost water like with some white grease looking stuff.

Anyone have any idea what that is? My clutch goes straight to the floor now and doesn't work at all. I have to get it towed, but wanted to know if anyone has any info on the clutch or problems???

tried bleeding the lines and got some real black liquid almost water like with some white grease looking stuff.

Keep going until you get that outta there and some clean fluid. Then see how it is.

Jack, can't he look up under the truck and see the slave to see if it is leaking? When he is under there bleeding it?

Make sure you pull the rubber piece out of the master and the fluid is not being poured on top of it.
...... I only say this because I have seen it done before

Make sure you pull the rubber piece out of the master and the fluid is not being poured on top of it.
...... I only say this because I have seen it done before

Yeah the rubber boot was in there like a condom and had some fluid in it. So i'm suppose to pull that out? no wonder i'm having trouble. Thanks.

pull the rubber thing out, pour fluid in. Once you get it bled, but the rubber piece back and put the cap on.

Like I said, seen it before.

Dang no wonder fluid stopped. I think you just have some toasted fluid and it had a little moisture in it. That would be the white milky stuff. So yea a good bleed job should save you.

check you hoses/lines, pull them up and out of they way from exhaust and put some heat shielding sleeves around them.nothing will ruin your oem fluid quicker than heat.if you do a flush replace with a a better heat resistant fluid. ive' heard MOTUL is good stuff.

Motul is good, or just about anything you can get in a motorcycle shop. Motorcycle products have very high standards due the fact that they are mostly racing machines that experience very high temps. Sport bikes mx bikes ect...

Ok, thanks for all the help. I pulled that rubber condom looking thing out which blended in nicely and apparently it had fluid in it somehow. So got the lines bled and clutch is working nice and strong now.

So now i get to move on to the next project of replacing the leaking power steering lines, changing the transmission fluid and spark plugs.

So once again thanks gents for saving me a tow job and $$$$.

So a update on things. The clutch slave was leaking and had to get it replaced and works 100 times better now with new parts.

The interesting thing i found out is that the parts come pre-filled and pressurized.

When i got my truck home i opened up the cap to see where the dealership filled it too, just to make sure for my own purpose and boom fluid came flying out everywhere.

The dealership tells me afterwards that i needed to wait 3 days before i opened the cap because they are pressurized. Way to go.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back