Clutch line

ty.thompson1981

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has a stock line that runs from the clutch master down to the slave. I have a steel braided one coming off my master now. I bought a new stock slave cylinder and my steel braided line won't connect to the new plastic slave cylinder. Was just wondering if those lines are interchangeable and if anyone had one available

Yup and fittings on lines are different. Viper car vs viper truck. Sounds like you have a part from each vehicle

Hey guys yea I contacted the company I got the new slave from. apparently My metal one is from a viper. The new plastic one is from a ram srt10. What I did was switch the arm from the old slave to the new. The arm with the connector that the line plugs in to. Its just a roll pin that holds the arm in place.

Anyone else have trouble bleeding their clutch? I bled mine for 4 hours today and still not even beginning to get any pressure in the pedal. I googled it and I tried just about every method people mentioned except power bleeding. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Pump, hold, bleed, repeat. Ive tried pumping really slowly, pumping rapidly. Nothing is working. I figured after 4 hours and a giant bottle of new brake fluid something should have happened by now.

I bleed from the bottom up....i.e. pressure bleed. Takes about 3 1/2 mins... 13 1/2 mins if you stop half way thru for a break. :D

Hey guys yea I contacted the company I got the new slave from. apparently My metal one is from a viper. The new plastic one is from a ram srt10. What I did was switch the arm from the old slave to the new. The arm with the connector that the line plugs in to. Its just a roll pin that holds the arm in place.

Your problem is above ^^
I posted that the fittings do not match! On either end of hose! That's why it's not pumping up. It is not holding pressure there. Remove line and take a closer look at end going into master. Won't work. Been there, done it some 8 years back lol.
You need the correct master to match slave. I stock them if you need one.
254-722-5697

Hey chuck I have a mityvac but I couldn't get the lines and fittings tight enough to hold vacuum. Pressure kept bleeding off. Thanks for the help guys

I don't like Mityvac's. Much prefer pressure fillers for hyd filling/bleeding.

One I have is from Phoenix Systems.... brakebleeder.com

I also made my own years ago using a high pressure oil can with a one way speed bleeder. Used it successfully for many years...still have it/use it as well.

Nice man. Like venomous said I have mismatched hydraulics so I'm probably fighting an uphill battle. Tried bleeding again with the line disconnected from the slave just to isolate the master. The pedal still won't firm up. Looks like my master may be bad. Funny thing is it worked perfectly fine before I dropped the trans so not sure how it all of a sudden went bad.

You may have air in master. With line disconnected at quick disconnect by slave, push pedal. It should be rock hard and not budge an inch. If it does it has air or is blown boss. If air, bleed by submerging fitting with screw driver or screw or pinky holding check valve open in fluid while pumping master by hand with rod. Do this until bubbles stop forming in brake fluid. Release check valve while submerged so it doesn't suck air back in. Never let master reservoir go empty. That's why it'll get air in lines :) good luck

Update: clutch is bled and pedal is nice and stiff. Last night I had my wife in the cab pumping away while I bled. We did that for 45 minutes and nothing so left it alone. A few years back I dropped a 5.0 v8 in my old ford ranger. Caught the same hell bleeding the clutch. Ended up being the way the master is mounted in the firewall, it was holding air in the master. From the factory the master is mounted at a steep angle. I had to pull the master, line and reservoir off the truck completely, hang the reservoir, tip the master with the rod facing down, and pump the plunger by hand until I could get all of the air bubbles out the top of the reservoir and the plunger got too hard to push by hand. Re-install everything on the truck, then crack the bleeder on the slave and gravity bleed about 2.5 reservoirs full of fluid through it, shut the bleeder, nice stiff pedal. This morning I did the same with this truck. 15 minutes later bam! Stiff pedal and no more air in the system. I never thought to do it that way with this truck because the master looked pretty level the way its mounted in the firewall. I didn't think the master would trap air but I was wrong. From now on this will be the way I bleed the system if I ever have to mess with the clutch. Thanks guys for all the help

I had a Sherco trials bike that the rear brake was 'integrated' into/thru the rear swing arm. Removing from the swing arm was near impossible. What to do? Hung the bike from the ceiling upside down to let gravity do what it naturally does...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back