Clutch master cylinder problem?

mr.goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few times I've lost clutch pressure and had to pump the clutch pedal to get the throw out to engage. Also I can bleed the system and for a few days the clutch stays at the top. It slowly bleeds down to where there is roughly four inches of travel before the clutch engages. Please help? Do I just need a new master cylinder?

A few times I've lost clutch pressure and had to pump the clutch pedal to get the throw out to engage. Also I can bleed the system and for a few days the clutch stays at the top. It slowly bleeds down to where there is roughly four inches of travel before the clutch engages. Please help? Do I just need a new master cylinder?

your slave is most likely leaking

Daggum. That would allow it to bypass? And the reservoir isn't low??

look under the trans, see if you see any fluid near the front, if so , then slave is leaking

if not then the fluid may juust need changed, oem fluid is that great of a quality, flush out the system with new high temp fluid see how it acts

but if there is fluid near the trans, even remove the inspection cover, and check then more than likely slave sir.

Like he said check for fluid at slave, likely you need to bleed clutch again. It can boil and create air bubbles that don't let your clutch engage/disengage correctly. Put some DOT4 in there as the boiling point is higher.
Good luck sir:rock:

I appreciate the help from both of you. I'm thinking about selling my goat so I can spend more quality money on this truck. :D

I appreciate the help from both of you. I'm thinking about selling my goat so I can spend more quality money on this truck. :D

Just be prepared......parts for our trucks vs. your goat increase exponentially.

Just be prepared......parts for our trucks vs. your goat increase exponentially.

Yes sir. I've already figured that out. Venomous 1 has already hooked me up and I plan on using him again when the time is right!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back