clutch pedal issue

mooni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know how to adjust the throw on the clutch pedal? this is why i ask, i have about 2 inches of play on the pedal when at rest. is this normal:dontknow:

There is no adjustment.

But how many miles?

have you swaped the clutch fluid over to motul 600?

the stock breaks down easily, also check where the clutch line is running, make sure it isnt close to the exahust.

by the way what year?

its an 05 with about 27k miles, have not had any issues engageing, so i dont feel that the fluid is the issue. havent checked the routing of the line yet but i dont think that would effect the pedal at rest.

Not sure about the travel then, but with 27,000 the fluid is more than likely toast, as well as the stock pressure plate.

The stock plate jsut does not hold up well.

but what determines the position of the pedal is the fluid, if it has broken down then the pedal may be lower. \
As well if the pressure plate and disc are exessivly worn, it wil do this also.

Since there is not an adjustment, Iwould try replacing the fluid, completely, check the factory fluid, see if it is black that will give you a good indication.

thanks ill look now and see. if so then you suggest motul 600 right? also is that good for all the hydrolics or just the clutch

The motul 600 is actually brake fluid, which is what is used in the clutch system.

It breaks down at approximatly 600 degrees.'

The stock fluid for some reason breaks down much much earlier, Not sure why dodge did this, and on some trucks they routed the line from the mastercylinder to the slave cylinder right across the exhaust, whit subjected it to heat and broke it down that much quicker..

And yes if it uses brake fluid then the motul is a much better substitute.

Hopefully some others will chime in and give their opinions also.

Dang bro, got me then , maybe someone else can chime in.

I cant measure mine, I have changed to a completely different set up , and cant remember what the stock measurement was.

Let me look it up in the manual and see whatit ays.

stinker thanks for all your help. hopefully i can get this figured out. your suggestions may be on point ill have to get it to my cousins shop and find out more info. however it dosent seem to be detremental at this point. i would also like to point out that i have had more assistance on this site in 30 min than another site that shall remain nameless (SRT**for##.com:thefinger: ) that i have been visiting since mid december. so again thank you, any help is appreciated.

thats what we are here for bro!

Studied a little on it.

the slave cylinder is one piece, jsut like most t-56 trannies.

When we do the cnterforce swap and viper master and slave cylinder sway, we space the slave cylinder out from the tranny .250 with a shim.

Still jsut trying to figure out why you stock unit would loose 2 inches worth of travel. Especially since your fluid shows good.

The only thing that still comes to mind is the pressure plate and disc wearing.

But man with 25k on the clock you are really doin great!

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back