Clutch stuck engaged

Poclitar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i got a 04, today got in the truck went to put it in reverse and it grinded, after that the clutch seems to be stuck in the engaged position. The clutch peddle kinda just dangles there now what do i do?

So i got a 04, today got in the truck went to put it in reverse and it grinded, after that the clutch seems to be stuck in the engaged position. The clutch peddle kinda just dangles there now what do i do?

Your
Master or slave, likely
Master crapped out it sounds bud. Check fluid in reservoir first though.

Ok thanks, checked it and cant even see fluid in there. Where is the full mark? Is it the ridge on the outside? And am i going to have to bleed it ?

Yessir. Fill to ridge. Crack bleeder under truck on driver side of bellhousing. Allow fluid to run out while keeping reservoir filled. Bad slave will drop fluid from between engine and bellhousing area on bottom.

Yessir. Fill to ridge. Crack bleeder under truck on driver side of bellhousing. Allow fluid to run out while keeping reservoir filled. Bad slave will drop fluid from between engine and bellhousing area on bottom.

Ok ill give that a try on days off. Thank you for the help!

So i checked under the truck, you were right leaking between the motor n the tranny

Just had the same issue with my 04! Replaced the master and didn't correct the issue. Slave will be next. Never saw any puddles of fluid under the truck. Would it be that noticeable?

Just had the same issue with my 04! Replaced the master and didn't correct the issue. Slave will be next. Never saw any puddles of fluid under the truck. Would it be that noticeable?

Look at the mating area of bellhousing to engine bud. It won't usually puddle, yet drip, drip, drip till reservoir is empty.

I put a quart of brake fluid in my system before it started leaking out the bell housing. The slave cyl has a rubber Bellows the traps a lot of it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back