Code P0113 (Odd)

Roz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
P0113-INTAKE AIR TEMP SENSOR VOLTAGE TOO HIGH

Last weekend when I detailed my engine bay, I removed my intake boot, which means I had to unplug my IAT sensor. Well, get it all back together, start my truck and wouldn't you know it, I failed to plug it back in. Immediately threw the code. I plug it back in, and later that day the CEL turns off.

I checked it last night, no CEL, but the code still comes up on the instrument panel if I turn the key on/off x3. I haven't disconnected the battery because, I dunno. I just haven't. I don't want my PCM to have to re-learn the fuel curves, and I don't want to reprogram all my satelite radio stations.

What I am getting at is, is the code just stored in the PCM, but isn't actually being "thrown"? Like I said, no CEL, but I do the key trick, it gets displayed. :dontknow:

Thanks in advance, gurus. :D

Disconnect battery and it will clear. I did the CAI on my hemi a few years ago and the light was on until the comp reset itself. Battery will just do it faster.

SAT.STATIONS SHOULD STILL BE THERE.I CHANGE OUT MY PCM FOR TOWING ALOT.ALL I HAVE TO DO IS SET THE TIME.SAT.UPDATES AND ALL THE STATIONS ARE STILL PRE-SET!!!

I don't know why I am so against disconnecting the battery. . . Picky OCD I guess. I'll disconnect it as a last resort.

I don't have an OBDII scanner, but know someone who does! I'll just use theirs. Why didn't I think of that.

My original question still stands though. Is the code actually be thrown, or is it just stored in the PCM? Its odd my CEL ISN'T on but the code is being displayed on the instrument cluster. :dontknow:

There are two types of Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC), pending and historical. A pending code is when a malfunction has been detected and component is still malfunctioning. That is what causes the Malfunction Indicator Light/CEL to come on. If the malfunction is corrected, the code is stored in the PCM as historical and the MIL/CEL goes out. The historical codes are maintained by the PCM to assist technicians in diagnosing intermittent problems. They can be cleared by a OBD2 scan tool or by disconnecting the battery. However, disconnecting the battery will also erase any learned engine parameters by the PCM, so it will take 100-200 miles of driving to relearn those parameters. The OBD2 scanner is the better option if you have one.

-Muzzy

Muzzy said:
There are two types of Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC), pending and historical. A pending code is when a malfunction has been detected and component is still malfunctioning. That is what causes the Malfunction Indicator Light/CEL to come on. If the malfunction is corrected, the code is stored in the PCM as historical and the MIL/CEL goes out. The historical codes are maintained by the PCM to assist technicians in diagnosing intermittent problems. They can be cleared by a OBD2 scan tool or by disconnecting the battery. However, disconnecting the battery will also erase any learned engine parameters by the PCM, so it will take 100-200 miles of driving to relearn those parameters. The OBD2 scanner is the better option if you have one.

-Muzzy

Awesome info! This is what I was searching for! :rock:

Thank you.

Muzzy said:

-Muzzy

Yup, what he said.

The code will go completely away after several starts, as long as the condition that set it never happens...

BigRed460 said:
The code will go completely away after several starts, as long as the condition that set it never happens...

Even greater news. Thanks!

Thanks to everyone! :rock:

I have deleated several posts in this thread that were very off topic.

I ment to leave a reason for the deleation in the window of each deleated post, but my finger slipped so I did not. Please accept this explination for all the deleated posts.

Try to keep our technical threads on topic if possible so folks do not have to wade through a quagmire of spam. Thanks Jack

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back