Code p0300,p0309

NightRunner248

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got this code p0300, then I got p0309, p0138, p0132. I assume that the 138 and the 138 are the 02 sensors. But the #9 misfire scares me a little! I have 72k on the truck. Factory plugs and wires. The truck acted like it wanted to die when I put it in reverse. I'm in Colorado at the moment working, the truck is back home. My wife drive it to work the other day, as she was leaving it died when she put it in reverse. But it started right up and drove fine. She driving it to see me this weekend 700 miles! Today I walked her through the scanning process with the sct. she got the codes above. i told her to clear them, and take it for a test drive. She drove it with no problems. Dou guys think it would be safe for her to drive it 700 miles?

I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm in Aurora co. What's could this #9 misfire be? Bad plug, wire, coil, I hope it's not a dropped valve!

Could be anyone of the things you just mentioned, or an injector but most likely not.

I'm thinking of the worst case scenario, dropped valve, anyone on here with these problem? How much should I expect to pay? It's in the shop right now, they won't know anything till the morning! I'm really hoping I need new coils, or plugs, or wires! It's got me pretty stressed out! Especially me being away!

Have the plugs ever been changed?

She's not driving it, it's in the shop right now. But her car was in the shop, that's why she was driving it. If its not fixed by Saturday, she driving her car.

You listed most likely issues. Broken spring or bad plug likely. Coils go a million miles bro :rock:

You listed most likely issues. Broken spring or bad plug likely. Coils go a million miles bro :rock:

I also got code P1494=LEAK DETECTION PUMP SWITCH OR MECHANICAL FAULT

P0138=O2 SENSOR 1/2 CIRCUIT VOLTAGE TOO HIGH

P0132= O2 SENSOR 1/1 CIRCUIT VOLTAGE TOO HIGH

Could these be the cause for the P0300 and the
p0309 I got???

I was looking at Prof's comment on
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/p0300-code-plz-help-43661/
and thought they might be someway causing the #9 misfire?

I also got code P1494=LEAK DETECTION PUMP SWITCH OR MECHANICAL FAULT

P0138=O2 SENSOR 1/2 CIRCUIT VOLTAGE TOO HIGH

P0132= O2 SENSOR 1/1 CIRCUIT VOLTAGE TOO HIGH

Could these be the cause for the P0300 and the
p0309 I got???

I was looking at Prof's comment on
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/p0300-code-plz-help-43661/
and thought they might be someway causing the #9 misfire?

Leak detection- we all have issues. I deleted mine as well as others.
138- rear O2 sensor not responsible for fueling
132- upstream O2 and possibly could cause misfire sir but I'm betting plug or wire ;)

Leak detection- we all have issues. I deleted mine as well as others.
138- rear O2 sensor not responsible for fueling
132- upstream O2 and possibly could cause misfire sir but I'm betting plug or wire ;)

I hope its that simple! thank you for your help!

I broke a spring, valve and caused some cylinder head damage! looks like new springs, valve, and a new left head, tomorrow their going to see if it did any damage to the block. Where can i get a head, I've tried searching the internet with no luck! How much is head this gonna cost? Does anyone have a head laying around?

I own Night Runner #50/400 and had the same thing happen. Did the valve drop and hit the piston? Do not let a dealership rip you off, they tried to bend me over for the cash. They wanted $3000 for a head that could have been repaired. I opted to pull the engine myself and do a N/A build. I also ingested a valve keeper so make sure you have all of your broken parts accounted for before assuming your motor is ok. If you just need a head, I recommend on going ahead and getting upgraded pushrods & springs and avoiding any chance of this happening again.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/running-rough-53879/

Mopar Parts | Buy Mopar Parts Online | Low Shipping Rates
$837.32 new but I will look for a used one. What side do you need?

I need the left. I hope it didn't hit the piston Their going to bore scope it tomorrow to see if i did any more damage, I hope theirs no block damage.
They recommended new springs. But I might as well upgrade the pushrods.

Will Valve Spring Upgrade Package, 03-06 Vipers / 04-06 Ram SRT-10
work on a factory engine?

Which pushrods would be a upgrade from the factory? What length?
Camshaft and Valvetrain - Roe Racing

I need the left. I hope it didn't hit the piston Their going to bore scope it tomorrow to see if i did any more damage, I hope theirs no block damage.
They recommended new springs. But I might as well upgrade the pushrods.

Will Valve Spring Upgrade Package, 03-06 Vipers / 04-06 Ram SRT-10
work on a factory engine?

Which pushrods would be a upgrade from the factory? What length?
Camshaft and Valvetrain - Roe Racing

I recommend the 3/8 pushrods, call Roe Racing and talk with them on the phone. I talked with Sean Roe and he was more than helpful in giving me a direction to go in. He can tell you what specs you need. He also didn't try and sale me any BS but tried to give me options. I bought some stuff from him.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back