Cold(1st time)startup problem. HELP

trooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 RC with 6000 miles. About three months after I purchased my truck new, I started having problems with starting the truck for the first time of the day. It would fire right off but then the RPM would drop too low to keep the truck running.

I would have to nurse the gas for a couple of minutes and then it would start
to come out of it and idle OK.

When it first started doing this it was only occasionaly but now it is often.

Yesterday I started the truck to take to the dealer and wouldn't you know it, the truck started up and idled just like it was meant to. I left it over night and the service mgr. called me today and said he could not get it to act up.

Dealer called factory tech and they said they are not aware of this problem and I was told that since I had headers and custom exhaust that was the problem. So much for that crap.

A year ago dealer replaced the TPS which I knew was not the problem. I asked to have the IAC replacedl but they won't unless they can get the truck to act up and show a code.

Seems like every time I have this problem and I drive 60 miles to dealer it doesn't act up.

Anybody out there that can shead some light would be great.

Thanx a lot.........Mike.

not tring to screw over the dealer ship or nothing but .. you have done nothing on you motor to void your warrenty so don't worry.. but if you think it's you IAC That needs replaceing......ehh i'll send you a Pm

Pay them to replace the IAC...I think that might be your problem...that should maintain your warranty and make them happy...

Long time no see. how have you folks been?

Ever sell the Mini Cooper S?

Hey Mike. How y'all doing. Been awhile since we've seen you post. Good to see you again.

Cold(1st time)startup problem. HELP

Been doing good execpt for the cold startup problem with the truck.
You have any problems with this? You going to Nats this year?
:hello:

trooper said:
Been doing good execpt for the cold startup problem with the truck.
You have any problems with this? You going to Nats this year?
:hello:
No startup problems. Actually very few problems at all. I might try the Nats again this year. Have to see how things go. I sure hope it won't be 104 degrees again. I was preoccupied with a project last year and kept having to keep my focus on it. Maybe this year I can let my hair down a little (so to speak). :D

I have had the exact same problem with my truck. My best guess is the battery is getting low and that is why it dies. Mine was doing it too. Then I took it on a long road trip, problem solved. My truck will usually sit for 2 weeks or longer because I am away at work. So now I put a battery tender on it while it sits.

My dealer couldn't duplicate the problem either. So they kept it over night and on intial start up in the morning it did it. They said they reflashed the pcm to fix it. Which is BS because I had the stock PCM in the truck while it was at the dealer. So the truck dies with the stock PCM and DC PCM.
Recently the truck has been doing the same thing, but this time I think it might be the tps sensor, or the IAT. I have a TPS sensor, but have not put the new one in yet. Idle seems a lot more lumpy than before.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back