Computer issue

Bobby S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2006 srt10 ac fans stopped working last week and practically overheated. Took it to Dodge dealership. They cant get a read from the computer as to what is wrong. Any ideas!

How's the steering?

How's the steering?

The coolant fan is powered by hydraulic fluid from the power steering pump. Has there been any work on the cooling system or power steering system lately? Make sure the switch is connected.... might be air locked. check power steering fluid level and coolant fluid level....... :D

Everybody here just told me to drive faster when mine started heated up. More air flow don't ya know. :rock:

Was told it was the TIPM. None available. Chrysler discontinued as usual. BBA Reman could not repair. Appears I am screwed.

I had the same problem with my truck except it was fuel pump shutting down. I found me a damn good mechanic and for the whole wiring schematics for our year trucks and he figured out the wiring and in a professional way he cut wires going to the fuse box(TIPM) and installed an external relay just for my fuel pump.

Truck is now at dealership 3 weeks. No cure for the TIPM as of yet. Can anyone help me! It's an 06 with only 28K miles. Shame to have to give up on it.

Truck is now at dealership 3 weeks. No cure for the TIPM as of yet. Can anyone help me! It's an 06 with only 28K miles. Shame to have to give up on it.

I'm serious external relays is the only fix so far.

You are going to have to get creative as trailmix said. They even have a recall on the newer grand Cherokees to relocate the fuel pump relay out of the tipm because of the internal relay failing. The dealership will most likely not do this but most anyone with some electrical knowledge and a wiring diagram / connector pinout can make this repair. I do have access to the wiring diagram and connector pinouts if you need a copy, or if you want to bring it out to PA I'll make the repair for you.

Three points;

1. The Fan isnt controlled by the TIPM in the first damn place.

2. The Fan is Hydraulic and PCM controlled via a PWM signal. A relay ain't gonna do it guys.

3. I spoke to this customer. From the sounds of it, this is an an instrumentation failure, an issue with the cluster, or a communication pass-through problem. None of those a "bypassable" issues.

To boil it down, its a complicated issue, and without the vehicle in hand, there is no way to tell if the dealership is even remotely correct on the TIPM diagnosis. There are FOUR modules involved with the passage of engine information.

Still without truck 4 weeks now. Wasn't TIPM as dealership said. Now looking at ABS Module due to ABS light, Brake light and check engine light on.
It never ends!!

I'm putting my guess on a cracked pcm case and water got in.

You should be scanning those modules to see if the codes are real, or if the dashboard is... full of shit. My guess is that there is a communication issue.

So now I have ABS light, Brake Light Check engine light and speedometer not working, but drives fine!

So now I have ABS light, Brake Light Check engine light and speedometer not working, but drives fine!

Check your abs module connector, at the driver side rear of the engine under the wiper cowl. I have seen water get into this connector and cause a similar issue.

Still without truck. Electronics guy has narrowed it down to ABS Module, Speed Sensor. Should know for sure by end of week.

Turns out faulty wiring and poor electrical was problem. What is best thermostat 160, 170 180 or stock?

Turns out faulty wiring and poor electrical was problem. What is best thermostat 160, 170 180 or stock?

170 is the go to, will need to be retuned afterwards.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back