Concept SRT-10....

Nice, loved that burn out

Bad to the Bone!:rock: ;)

I remember reading in one of the car mags about a v10 powered, MT, 2wd Ram way back even before the '96 Indy pace trucks came out, and getting excited. Still love the viper blue w\ white stripes paint scheme

Bad ass burn out but something about it didn't seem right. Fog lights were different and the wheels and tires didn't give it that look the 22's do. Even the valve covers had an extra double dodad stripe by the 'V'. The front facia didn't have that menacing demeanor. It's like it had 2003 written all over it. But then again it was a concept truck.

Venom Power said:
Bad ass burn out but something about it didn't seem right. Fog lights were different and the wheels and tires didn't give it that look the 22's do. Even the valve covers had an extra double dodad stripe by the 'V'. The front facia didn't have that menacing demeanor. It's like it had 2003 written all over it. But then again it was a concept truck.

Totally doesnt look right at all. Final version was way better.

patrick

Though it did have factory 'shorty' headers.:D

Probably still weren't that good, but they gotta be better than rusty old crap manifolds...:p

I remember back in late 2003 or 04 looking at the Srt-10 on dodges website and building and priceing one. They were in the 50s, to much for my blood. But i was drooling back then.. my dream came true two years later. But the day i heard about the truck , i knew it was exactly what i was looking for, besides the single sided rear exhaust ? what the hell were they thinking ?

Viper7777 said:
I remember back in late 2003 or 04 looking at the Srt-10 on dodges website and building and priceing one. They were in the 50s, to much for my blood. But i was drooling back then.. my dream came true two years later. But the day i heard about the truck , i knew it was exactly what i was looking for, besides the single sided rear exhaust ? what the hell were they thinking ?
Viper being my favorite car, and me having a Ram b4 this one, this is exactly how I felt. I was drooooling at the thought of this truck. As soon as gas prices went crazy, picked one up almost brand new for about 35K. Can't complain!!! These trucks phuckin rock! :rock:

yup, it seems like it was just yesterday...i was slobbering too... notice the twin air cleaners behind the grille and.....no wingy thingy:dontknow:

Last edited:
They did make alot of changes though. the seats, the console for the shifter, the rims, the front bumper (more aggressive). I thing i liked most was the dual exhaust. I liked that alot but i wouldnt trade it for the anything now!!!

I agree the promo sucked. Compared to the version they came out with.

My only thought is, who looked at the promo truck exhaust, and said nah scrape it, lets go with some gay single sided exhaust ?

how is that possible.. to nail down the perfect truck design only to give it gay exhaust ??? someone is somkeing crack ...

Viper7777 said:
I agree the promo sucked. Compared to the version they came out with.

My only thought is, who looked at the promo truck exhaust, and said nah scrape it, lets go with some gay single sided exhaust ?

how is that possible.. to nail down the perfect truck design only to give it gay exhaust ??? someone is somkeing crack ...

My guess would be the Bean Counters. Most likely it was a whole lot cheaper to run the pipes together and out on the one side. Probably retains many, if not all, of the stock hangers that the 'lesser' trucks use (Hemis, 4.7's, etc.).

Easier on the ASSembly line too.:rolleyes:

I think the 2 pipes out one side look better than one pipe out each side, keeps more of the viper feel with the pipe's togethor but the ideal for me would have been existing the exhaust in center just like the viper or the srt jeep. I'm sure routing the exhaust around the spare tire was also an issue

Short Story of Love at First Sight

When I first saw them I was in the market for either a new Vette or a friggen BMW M5. My eyes almost fell out my head when I stumbled on this monster. I was like "W....T....FFFFFFFFF?!?!?!?" Then when I found out the insurance for it was going to be less than my Ram 4x4 it was ON. I immediately found out where in town I could get one. It wasn't easy, but the inflated gas prices helped big time. A black '05 RC was at a dealership closer to me but they were being hard-asses and that's another story. Mine was sitting brand new at a dealer in Tomball, TX; lonely, sad and with less than 15 miles on it. Also the exact color I wanted. Even before I drove it I knew I wanted it. People weren't going to snatch it up quickly because we had hit $3+ per gallon for the first time around here. I just KNEW I was crazy enough to get it anyway. It was sitting there since the fall of 2004. The sales person was begging me to take it ASAP. They were up to their ears paying taxes for it for sitting on their lot for so long to a tune of about $368.00 per day. Yeah, that's a whole year of holding it. August 2005 was when I nervously test drove it. I refused to take it that day and let him simmer for a few more. He didn't want to deal right talking about $52K to $ 46K. I went back and discovered that still no one wanted it. That gave me a lot of leverage to take it for what I wanted. We settled for $34.5K, and then slapped down over half as a down payment without a trade. Had he known what I was going to do I don't think he would have given it up for less than $40K. Then soon after I found out how many other maniac psychos are out there burning up the roads, terrorizing motorist and draining America's fuel supply for the joy of harnessing 500+ horsepower. Take a bow gentlemenYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAHHH!

I also agree that the Promo truck lacked alot. But I'm glad that the production version turned out so much better!!!!! How many car companies release production cars that are better than their Promos??????
All of us Ram SRT-10 owners are very lucky that this truck is not just some Decal covered plain jane Dodge truck made to look like something it's not.
Actually Dodge is lucky they made it as good as they did or we would have
passed on any Candyass wannabe High Performance truck!
Just my 2 cents,
500H V10

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back