cons of Mercedes AMG 63

Black1 said:
I agree..... The folks that think a "Euro Car" isn't worth it, obviously never owned one......

I've owned 8 BMW's, and would never buy a Benz (it's like the Ford-Chevy thing :eek: ;) ). But, my best friend LOVES MB and will only buy Benz's. :D It's been a fun debate for years now. :rock: They are both great cars, IMO. Any of the AMG line are very nice. They are leaps/bounds/lightyears beyond anything Cadillac can produce, and you can take that to the bank.

ehh...I worked on indepent on MB and currently for 5 years on BMW. The only thing I see great about them is the money i make on em...

Maintence, cost of parts, and failure rate make them a terrible inconvience to me that outweighs the "comforts" of them. Fast...yes good looking..yes.... worth it to trade for the truck...fck no....

But then again Jake you like to wear watches and tend to like the flashy stuff so maybe they are more your taste?? IDK

FerrariTruck said:
ehh...I worked on indepent on MB and currently for 5 years on BMW. The only thing I see great about them is the money i make on em...

Maintence, cost of parts, and failure rate make them a terrible inconvience to me that outweighs the "comforts" of them. Fast...yes good looking..yes.... worth it to trade for the truck...fck no....

But then again Jake you like to wear watches and tend to like the flashy stuff so maybe they are more your taste?? IDK

You are right, it's all about taste. I think Dodge really came a long way in build quality and fit/finish on the SRT line. Our trucks are nicely appointed, and all the other SRT vehicles are just as nice (seats, the feel of the dash, looks of the materials, etc). I honestly think a lot of that came from Daimler, when they owned Chrysler. ...... The reason I've liked German cars is quite the opposite of what you stated. They were never "flashy" to me. They were understated. Both companies (MB, and BMW) have left that philosophy behind over the last few years. The last of the real BMW's was the E39 (M5) and the E46 (M3), IMO. They were still wolfs in sheep's clothing back then and before. Today, the styling is very progressive and there is so much tensile hanging off of them... I think they've lost quite a lot of their customer base. Today, the new models are, as you said, "Flashy"... that makes me sad. ..... It's kinda the difference in personality between a man that wears a stainless steel Rolex and a man that wears a polished platinum and diamond encrusted one. ;)

Last edited:
Black1 said:
You are right, it's all about taste. I think Dodge really came a long way in build quality and fit/finish on the SRT line. Our trucks are nicely appointed, and all the other SRT vehicles are just as nice (seats, the feel of the dash, looks of the materials, etc). I honestly think a lot of that came from Daimler, when they owned Chrysler. ...... The reason I've liked German cars is quite the opposite of what you stated. They were never "flashy" to me. They were understated. Both companies (MB, and BMW) have left that philosophy behind over the last few years. The last of the real BMW's was the E39 (M5) and the E46 (M3), IMO. They were still wolfs in sheep's clothing back then and before. Today, the styling is very progressive and there is so much tensile hanging off of them... I think they've lost quite a lot of their customer base. Today, the new models are, as you said, "Flashy"... that makes me sad. ..... It's kinda the difference in personality between a man that wears a stainless steel Rolex and a man that wears a polished platinum and diamond encrusted one. ;)

Have to disagree with that one. My wife's Jeep is cheap looking.

Silverback said:

IMO all of the SRT interiors are cheap looking and feeling. Way behind even the other American automakers. Interior was/is the biggest area that needs improvement with all Chrysler brand vehicles. The new 2009 Ram is on the right track.

Get an M5 / M6 Bimmer most fun car to drive on the road and pretty damn fast....check this out...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUfJ94aKO0g

and this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNxpvWIPBZU
watch the 3rd and last race....
nothing touches the M6 especially in top end....unless you're in a Bugatti/Viper...insanely fast...you can't buy a better made car than a bimmer!!!
Also prepare to dish out quite a bit to maintain and fix the MB...a few family members have the Kompressor and total garbage always broken..don't get me wrong I like the AMG just don't see the point in buying one over a M series?

Last edited:
Silverback said:

It's still a conglomeration of parts, all made by the LOWEST bidder..... I was referring to the marked improvement over past Chrysler models (say, a 78 Cordoba :D :p ).

Black1 said:
It's still a conglomeration of parts, all made by the LOWEST bidder..... I was referring to the marked improvement over past Chrysler models (say, a 78 Cordoba :D :p ).

Cordoba????

What about that "Corinthin Leather"??? :marchmellow: ;) :D

kickinassrt-10 said:
Get an M5 / M6 Bimmer most fun car to drive on the road and pretty damn fast....check this out...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUfJ94aKO0g

and this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNxpvWIPBZU
watch the 3rd and last race....
nothing touches the M6 especially in top end....unless you're in a Bugatti/Viper...insanely fast...you can't buy a better made car than a bimmer!!!
Also prepare to dish out quite a bit to maintain and fix the MB...a few family members have the Kompressor and total garbage always broken..don't get me wrong I like the AMG just don't see the point in buying one over a M series?
That viper kicked some ass buy one of those :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

trubuilt said:
That viper kicked some ass buy one of those :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
That viper is unreal!! The M6 holds it's own but you don't even realize the viper is there until it pulls away like a street bike...

Black1 said:

:congrats: very true

ah hell, just gonna keep my baby.....drove it yesterday and realized how much I would miss it. I mean those cars are sick, but I think the newness would wear off and there i would be.....without my truck.....

wheredwhogo? said:
ah hell, just gonna keep my baby.....drove it yesterday and realized how much I would miss it. I mean those cars are sick, but I think the newness would wear off and there i would be.....without my truck.....
i agree, too bad its raining or i'd go play with mine a little

Personally speaking, Mercedes-Benz has not built a car I like that is sold in the U.S. in many years. Tat, my friends, is due to this (autotragic):

Mercedes-Benz-C63_AMG_2008_photo_2d.jpg

I do like these:

Mercedes-Benz A 200 Turbo Avantgarde
Mercedes-Benz-A_200_Turbo_2005_photo_02.jpg

ShantJ said:
Personally speaking, Mercedes-Benz has not built a car I like that is sold in the U.S. in many years. Tat, my friends, is due to this (autotragic):

Mercedes-Benz-C63_AMG_2008_photo_2d.jpg

I do like these:

Mercedes-Benz A 200 Turbo Avantgarde
Mercedes-Benz-A_200_Turbo_2005_photo_02.jpg

Unfortunately, my friend, Mercedes hasn't built a good car that has trasfered across the pond in MANY, MANY years..... :eek: The cars they have with a manual (non-"autotragic" trans ;) ) are still crap. My good friend has a SLK-230 Kompressor AMG and it's junk. :dontknow: :eek:

Mercedes-Benz-300-SL-Coupe-F-Top-DO-1600x1200.jpg

mercedes-benz_600_pullman_limousine_64.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back