Control arm bushings

Viper83101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 ram 1500 for a guy at my work that is wanting me to replace his control arm bushings and tie rod end bushing on drivers front side. Can anyone tell me how hard it is to replace those bushings and about how long its going to take me to do the job

Well the guy is on a tight budget and only reason he is having it done is cause he tried to get an alignment and they couldnt align it because of the drivers front side bushings. I mean i will try to tell him its worth getting done but just wondering how hard it is to swap them out

Pain in the nuts by the way lol. It's way over your head I know that for sure hahahaha
Hahahahah mr. Funny guy i see. Remember that next time you ask for some help cause im gonna tell you that its way over my head. Lol how hard are we taking? Can they be burned out and somewhat pushed back in?

Hahahahah mr. Funny guy i see. Remember that next time you ask for some help cause im gonna tell you that its way over my head. Lol how hard are we taking? Can they be burned out and somewhat pushed back in?

Speaking of that want to come over this weekend free food.
Kinda yes and no on control arm bushing. There is a sleeve that has to be pressed out be for you can install new ones

Speaking of that want to come over this weekend free food.
Kinda yes and no on control arm bushing. There is a sleeve that has to be pressed out be for you can install new ones
It will all depend on if any of my brake parts come in but i will let you know for sure. If you havent heard back from me friday then give me a shout. I will plan on calling you and talking to you some more about these bushings.

ya goin with poly bushins??? then yes ya can burn/melt the old rubber bushins out.

if ya goin with stockers, then ya have to press or air hammer the old bushins out

ya goin with poly bushins??? then yes ya can burn/melt the old rubber bushins out.

if ya goin with stockers, then ya have to press or air hammer the old bushins out
I will def probably try to go with poly bushings but if i dont and go back with rubber bushings then i cant burn the old ones out?

the rubber bushins come as one piece.

where the poly bushins use the outside shells, so ya can burn out the rubber

You will have to design an extractor to push the bushings out. make sure they go back in the same distance. A short length of 1/2" threaded rod and nuts/washers as well as appropriate deep sockets work well. they will bind and will require some gentle hammer persuasion! wear leather gloves. Be patient!! If i can do it , you can too!!

I think i am just going to go with poly bushings so that way i can just burn the old ones out. Sounds like not only would it be a hell of alot easier but will be installing a better and longer lasting bushing than the stock rubber bushings. Screw all that beating and banging...let the fire do the hard part. Lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back