Coolant

mjd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been searching around and see where the stock coolant cannot be mixed with anything else. I also read that it is quite expensive at the dealer (imagine that). On another website I saw a post about Valvoline's Zerex G-05 coolant. It states that it is approved by Chrysler for use.
Looks to me that it is a suitable replacement for the expensive factory stuff.
Just wondering if any of y'all have been running it?
What's your take on it?

Valvoline.com > Products > Antifreeze Radiator Products > Antifreeze > Zerex G-05® Antifreeze / Coolant

Antifreeze/Coolant Valvoline GO5 - Engine Coolant / Anti-Freeze | O'Reilly Auto Parts

The Mopar coolant is only $22 a gallon, which in my opinion isn't bad to make sure you have the right stuff. Just my opinion.

Prestone Yellow is reformulated to mix with any color antifreeze/all makes/all models. There are no exotic metals, or gaskets/seals that are not in any other vehicle on the road that runs the yellow stuff.. It runs about $13-15. Its ok to use in a pinch, and in my last truck i did a flush with it, and drove for another 60k miles and had no rust. However im with VPRPWRD. If its only going to cost you $15-20 more to run mopar collant. Why not?

Avoid the dexcool, its been getting alot of lawsuits lately.

evans coolant???

I use Evans waterless coolant in my engine and my water cooler/intercooler! It works awesome, my temps stay at 184F and were around 205F before.

Joe where did you get it from? since i had it tuned it runs alot hotter

its running good but hotter, i am thinking about a JMB cai the air in that scoop is fairly hot do you know anyone that has one on a roe

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back