Cooler Plugs

s8taxatty

Reaction score
I hear it's a b*tch to change the plugs so I only want to do it once. My next project is headers and pipes. This would be a good time to upgrade to JTS Vemon coil, wires etc. A future project is a supercharger, which requires cooler plugs. I'm running a Volant air intake and upgraded throttle body with custom tune. Would it be a problem to put in cooler plugs now rather than waiting until the supercharger project, which is way down the road?

Thanks

I hear it's a b*tch to change the plugs so I only want to do it once. My next project is headers and pipes. This would be a good time to upgrade to JTS Vemon coil, wires etc. A future project is a supercharger, which requires cooler plugs. I'm running a Volant air intake and upgraded throttle body with custom tune. Would it be a problem to put in cooler plugs now rather than waiting until the supercharger project, which is way down the road?

Thanks

For the little cost involved in plugs, I would replace with stock champions.....by the time you do a supercharger, the plugs will be cheese to change. High dollar plugs are a waste on these anywhere near stock just so ya know.

I can change the plugs in like 30 minutes with the Belanger headers. Never knew it was a big issue changing them out. :confused:

These look pretty simple to change. They are right there. Maybe the 2 in the back might be tough, but that's what extensions and joints are for. Where did you hear/read they were a bitch?

The rear two are kindve a pain, but hey if I did it, anybody can. All in all its a simple and worthy little project.

To answer your question, you want to run the hottest plug you can get away with. Running too cold of a plug isn't a good idea. Best to check a few to see how they look and either wait or change with stock plugs.

Thanks

Change the plugs when you install the supercharger. Use what works with your current setup. Makes no sense to install a supercharger and all the work it entails but not install new plugs at that time.

Thanks. Some post I saw asked about changing the rear two plug and how had it was for them. I see that getting them from underneath will not be that bad.

As for the supercharger, I could use some suggestions. Let me start a new thread.

If you remove the wheel and fender liner it's easy,although never had to do this to my other vehicles.lol

You will lose power going to a colder plug while NA. Don't do it until you spray or FI. Plugs are easy enough to change with headers.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back