Cooling fan - A/C question

You can try to rinse off your condenser coil - dirt buildup in the fins will reduce it's ability to disperse heat and give you a high head pressure. You can also check your refrigerant charge. Is the engine temp high? The fans are positioned so they have to blow air through the radiator before going through the condenser coil so a higher engine temp may cause this as well.

You can try to rinse off your condenser coil - dirt buildup in the fins will reduce it's ability to disperse heat and give you a high head pressure. You can also check your refrigerant charge. Is the engine temp high? The fans are positioned so they have to blow air through the radiator before going through the condenser coil so a higher engine temp may cause this as well.

It's on the fence of the engine running hot. Was thinking about blowing out the rad/cond this spring before the engine blew. Even bought a nice tool from Snappy for it. It's a blow nozzle with a long (you can get different lengths) aluminum tube with a plug in the end. On the side by the plug are five holes for letting the air out. It's Built especially for cleaning out radiators and condensers. Have not used it for that yet but works excellent her blowing out the K&N cone type filters our trucks use. Not to much air flow to damage the filter cotton gauze. Plan on taking it over to the shop tomorrow morning. I'm sure it has a lot of bugs in it but I don't think it's enough to cause the problems I'm having. Let you know what I come up with

I just reread my post and realized that the fans probably pull air through the radiator versus pushing it through. If this is correct the radiator temp won't have an affect on the condenser coil. I would still recommend a good cleaning of the condenser coil. If you can find an HVAC distributor in your area you can get an aerosol spray made specifically for condenser coils that foams up and really cleans between the fins.

Is there anyway to alter that in the ECM? The A/C in my viper sucks at a stoplight but works well on the highway. Perhaps a bump in fan speed pulling more air over the condenser would help at traffic lights. Compressor doesn't cycle on and off repeatedly like it's low on Freon.

Sure can. It can be flashed to alter the fan routine.

Just got back from talking to the tech about my lack of A/C. The problem is the ECM is not turning the compressor clutch on. If he jumps the relay the clutch will turn on. The system will work until the head pressure gets to high. The fan will only run at low speed. Also contacted Arrow Raceing (did the motor) about the problem seeing they flashed the ECM.

you really should ditch the pcm programming, put it back to stock, then get the sct have it dyno tuned with the sct

That's my plan. I have a SCT box & had a tune in the truck when the piston melted. Put her back to stock before the motor came out. I don't trust any of the 3 maps any more + the motor now has upgrades. Planed on putting some break in miles on the truck this way. Arrow assurd me the motor would be "safe" but I herd that before. Finally the truck will be put on the dyno & tuned with my SCT box. Is this a good plan? Tonight the shop called to say it's done. Guess I'll find out what went on tomorrow.

Just picked up the truck. Runs strong but still no A/C. What I was told by the shop was, after speaking to Todd @ Arrow the tune/map that was installed was faulty. Now my ECM needs to shipped back to re flash it. I'm waiting on a call back from him now. I'm wondering if this can be done with the SCT box instead of sending the whole ECM back? Can any one fill me in on this?

Just picked up the truck. Runs strong but still no A/C. What I was told by the shop was, after speaking to Todd @ Arrow the tune/map that was installed was faulty. Now my ECM needs to shipped back to re flash it. I'm waiting on a call back from him now. I'm wondering if this can be done with the SCT box instead of sending the whole ECM back? Can any one fill me in on this?

Spoke to him. No way around sending the ECM back for a repair. Planning on pulling it tonight but it's Africa hot outside.

Still waiting on my ECM to come back. Should have it by 1:30pm eastern according to the UPS tracking number. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Got my ECM in today but still no AC. I touched the AC clutch plug with a screwdriver and it worked for about 10 minutes. Pulled the plug apart to inspected & found no problem also didn't have any voltage to it with the air on. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the AC clutch circuit?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back