Correct numbers?

texastonka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had my truck dyno'ed last week

Made 633 rwhp and 611 rwtq with 10.7 A/F at WOT

Truck has a paxton, bassani headers, no cats, borla exhaust, jtsvp coils, AB wires, new NGK plugs, 60lbs injectors, custom tune,

Does this sound like it is in the right ballpark? I know it is a tad rich but rather have that than lean.

Opinions?

Looks good, if you get that tweaked to 11.0-11.3 and maybe other adjustments you should be able to hit those. Do you have water/methanol?

Those numbers look right in the ball park. I would venture to guess once you lean it our a bit you'll be right around 660 rwhp and 630 rwtq. The Paxtons don't produce as much tq as they do hp.

I would shoot to have the A/F at 11.8 +/- 0.2

Is your engine been forged? If not I wouldnt adjust anything at those hp levels, I would leave it rich.

Correct, motor is not forged hence me being comfortable with it a tad rich.

Just wanted to know if I was withing +/- 20Hp or not form most everyone else.

This was also on a 87 degree day with 85% humidity... but that is better than most days we have here in Texas.

dont focus so much on numbers, the more you push the more your gonna have to build the bottom end, be happy with what you h ave, if you want more, you best forge the bottom end, you have what is considered normal for a oem installation, you can bump up the tune a couple degrees and get 20-30 more, but would you rather b happy now and have 10k in your pocket or make 30 more hp and spend another 10k in bbuilding the engine?

too many focus on the numbers, numbers mean poop, you can have 1000 hp and run 12's or 600 and run 11's , its all in the way things are set up.

be happy, dont push your luck with weak rods and pistons;)

dont focus so much on numbers, the more you push the more your gonna have to build the bottom end, be happy with what you h ave, if you want more, you best forge the bottom end, you have what is considered normal for a oem installation, you can bump up the tune a couple degrees and get 20-30 more, but would you rather b happy now and have 10k in your pocket or make 30 more hp and spend another 10k in bbuilding the engine?

too many focus on the numbers, numbers mean poop, you can have 1000 hp and run 12's or 600 and run 11's , its all in the way things are set up.

be happy, dont push your luck with weak rods and pistons;)

Agree completly. Spent more money in forging the creampuff 2001 RT/10 N/A build than I did running twin turbos in the GTS. GTS would be crazy fast if I could use the power it has instead of spin most of the time...

Of course a full blown motor build is in the future as well as a G-Force trans etc... Just wanted to make sure my base line was in the ballpark of what it should be for the moment.

Agree completly. Spent more money in forging the creampuff 2001 RT/10 N/A build than I did running twin turbos in the GTS. GTS would be crazy fast if I could use the power it has instead of spin most of the time...

Of course a full blown motor build is in the future as well as a G-Force trans etc... Just wanted to make sure my base line was in the ballpark of what it should be for the moment.

yeah man your about normal, I mean you could go to another tuner, tweak it out a bit, an get 20 more, but really its not gonna matter making 600 ponies, just be sure your air fuel always is in the safe level

and fyi stay away from the g force, they charge alot for basically there name, alot of dinero can be saved

Well different dynos will yeild different #

what kinda dyno did you use ?

I am pretty sure it is a dyno jet

Cause my friend just had his car on a dyno at a shop his friend owns, dyno was a mustang dyno, 2000 roller which was perfect for his Honda.

he was telling me that my truck would have different numbers on that dyno compared to a different style.

But like was said before, HP numbers are not rated by what you track time will be like some people think, he pulled 430 hp and 389 tq but full trim his car runs mid 10's :)

my other friend had his jeep srt supercharged dyno numbers were under 500hp which even i thought was low for all of the mods done to the jeep. but he has pulled a 11.1 with seats removed from the jeep, full trim was best 11.4

Hope this helps kinda sorta :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back