Cost estimate

04RAMSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to get exhaust installed; long tube headers, mids, and Magnaflow cat back. In addition, looking to get a Dyno tune. From looking online I have a good idea on what parts might cost, but anyone have a good estimate of what the labor might run? I am having a dodge dealer known for SRT performance mods doing the work. They sell the new Vipers, so I am hoping they have some experience with this motor.

P.s. Before the comments fly, yes I know I can install myself, but I want a shop to do it.

Thanks for any insight.

I'd guess 4+hours labor at a shop, not sure on the dyno tune.

Just cause a dealer sells and services Vipers doesn't make them crap for aftermarket choices or installs. I'd not let them touch my truck period but that's me. Those guys don't install headers, or aftermarket exhausts and although intake straightforward, they'll rape you on install and provide subpar performance and ill almost bet you'll leave there with a new problem, lol.
Just my .02

I'm with Scott on this. I just had my own little nightmare with a dealership, so stay away from them. Just because they sale them doesn't mean they know how to service them. One of our speed shops here in Phoenix (Lopers Speed) charges $100. per hour. It doesn't make any difference if its installing headers, superchargers, caltracs etc., it's $100. per hour. I have not found a dealership here that wants to install or will warrant after market installs. If none of the guys here can help you with your area of the country, I would contact the local Viper car club for suggestions. I have seen dyno's run as low as $50.00 for three pulls and up. I was told that the Dyno Jet reads about 8% higher than a Mustang Dyno.

Just cause a dealer sells and services Vipers doesn't make them crap for aftermarket choices or installs. I'd not let them touch my truck period but that's me. Those guys don't install headers, or aftermarket exhausts and although intake straightforward, they'll rape you on install and provide subpar performance and ill almost bet you'll leave there with a new problem, lol.
Just my .02

Amen and amen. Someone filled my gas take with water so had the local dealer's "Viper certified" mechanic remove, drain and reinstall the tank. That was a good job but he pinched or punctured a hose so every time my tank gets below 1/2 I get a 0455 code. Clear it and all is fine. Replace the gas cap twice trying to fix his problem.

Same mechanic replaced the bushings on my brake pedal. Worked fine for a month or so then the wobble was worse then before. Bushings were fine but he took a pair of vice gripes to the brake pedal plug and messed up the whole assemble. Whole new brake assembly fixed his mistake.

Drive to Scott and be happy. Do not let a dealer touch your truck.

You guys are doing a lot for my confidence. I hope your all wrong :)

This dealership builds a lot of custom SRT Challengers, and builds the new Mr. Norms Chargers and Challengers, so I am hoping they have some credibility in the performance area. They are not a run of the mill dealership. This is why I am not using my local dodge dealer and driving 2 hours to get there.

You would think with Indinapolis being known as the race capital there would be some decent hod rod shops around, but sure can't find them?

The last quote i got on a dyno tune (still havent pulled the trigger) was a range from $599-$899 depending on "the hardware they'd have to use". Not sure what hardware they're referring to...but thats a big price difference

You guys are doing a lot for my confidence. I hope your all wrong :)

This dealership builds a lot of custom SRT Challengers, and builds the new Mr. Norms Chargers and Challengers, so I am hoping they have some credibility in the performance area. They are not a run of the mill dealership. This is why I am not using my local dodge dealer and driving 2 hours to get there.

You would think with Indinapolis being known as the race capital there would be some decent hod rod shops around, but sure can't find them?

Hope your right, if not, take a scenic drive to Wacko Waco and let the expert do the job. VENOMOUS1 I did and could not be more pleased. :rock:

The last quote i got on a dyno tune (still havent pulled the trigger) was a range from $599-$899 depending on "the hardware they'd have to use". Not sure what hardware they're referring to...but thats a big price difference

That was at Pickups Plus Cars in Ohio

Last edited:
Don't think you will find a shop to do it on a flat rate. Headers can take a couple of hours or a couple days!! Headers in our trucks are pretty straight forward IF you know where the trouble spots are. The 3 manifold to catpipe bolts are known to spin and then become a real biotch to remove. Need to clamp a small visegrip to the nutside first! It is easier that way. The 06's have one on the passengerside you can't get the clamp on! Best to remove the 2 you can get then loosen off the entire manifold to get some space for the visegrip on the last bolt.

I did a set of american racing headers here in my attached garage on my back on an 06 nightrunner. Took about 4 hours with some help from Cory. The owner! Actually, if you are listening, you need to check the torque on those nuts! I found a few of mine loosened up!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back