Cough, Cough spudder, spudder..

Get Bit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is what my truck did to me one time driving to the office this morning. I have it one good stab about 7 miles before that, about 20-100, and it was it's perky slef, did another on the last strech to the office and it fell on it's face and sputterd like it was running out of fuel. It was fine for the remaining mile or so when I was just driving it nice..:confused:

guess it is time to take her back in. I also needed to take it in for the EVAP code that re-appeared last week. Damn, have not had good luck with 2 of my 3 dodges that I have had. wonder if it is the Stage II, or just a fluke. will try it again, I am hoping that a fuel pump or something is not going out. truck has 1100 miles.. :(

I know this is a bad Q, but how much fuel was there in the tank? But have them check the evac system, there could be a problem there, and causing a severe rich condition.

I also looked, it is about 2/3 full. I wanted to get it near a 1/4 tank as my Ol man who has an SRT-8 Charger wants a run at me this weekend. We have raced everything else. I just hope I end up on top, as I usually do!

Stinker said:
I know this is a bad Q, but how much fuel was there in the tank? But have them check the evac system, there could be a problem there, and causing a severe rich condition.

Also I thought that the P0042 code (or the minor leak detcted) code would not casue any driveability issues. it has been running fine although the light has been on. I checked for new codes when I pulled into the parking lot and that still was the only one that came up. :dontknow:

2/3 's you shouldnt have a problem, I have heard some complain when they get really low..........try clearing things out of the computer , remove the pos battery cable for 20 minutes or so and then reconnect and drive it to work or where ever to let it reset, then again it coulda jsut been a fluk:dontknow:

That is what I am hoping. I will limp her home 9 miles, then reset the computer for 20 min or so..

Thanks!

If it doesnt work let us know. Also jsut by chance if you bought fuel at a different place than normal is there a chance you got water in the fuel? If so stop by advance or somewhere and get a fuel treatment that disperses water. just a thought.

Stinker said:
If it doesnt work let us know. Also jsut by chance if you bought fuel at a different place than normal is there a chance you got water in the fuel? If so stop by advance or somewhere and get a fuel treatment that disperses water. just a thought.

Water in the fuel was my first thought.

I will let you know, and no, I always get my fuel for the Viper, SRT-10, BMW, motorcycle, at the same place as it is on the way to the office.

hoping for a fluke!

Drove it home, took the back roads, drove nice for about 3/4 of the way, then I did some sprinted runs, then a WOT from about 20-60 as that is where it did it before..

not one problem, must of been a fluke, or I hope. :dontknow:

Have you driven in the rain lately? Who did you get the Stage II flash from?

No, truck has never seen rain, neither has most of Colorado! I bought my flash from DC performance.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back