Countrywide Auto Transports

DrPierceMD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well so far my vehicle is still sitting at the EFFIN dealership because COUNTRYWIDE AUTO TRANSPORTS can't seem to pick up my truck. I put in a request on the 16th of August to have it shipped on the 22nd of August. Here it is the 2nd of September and still no dice. To make matters worse they said two days ago that they were picking it up that day. And on top of that if I want to call them I have to wait until 9:00 PM at night and come into the office to get ahold of them. Total BS if you ask me. I sent them an email today (because I am not staying at work any longer) saying that if they can not ship my truck then to give me a refund so I can go with a different company. So yeah I am pissed right now:mad: and do not reccomend this company to anyone who is wanting to ship there vehicles or any other house hold goods.

Just wanted to give the family a heads up.

So now I need one of you Stinking Hillbilly Redneck Truckers:p to go pick up my truck for me. If you are fast about it I will even throw in a $2 tip. :D

I don't remember the name of the carrier that transported my truck from Indiana to Roxboro, NC but my truck went through Jacksonville, FL.:dontknow: and sat there for two weeks. It took a month for me to receive my truck. You really want to ream them but then your afraid they'll take it out on the truck so you bite your tongue. Caught between a rock and a hard place. Good luck, I hope you get it soon. Once you get it you'll forget how long it took. But the waiting is murder. I know.

I been there. DAS transportred mine from South Carolina to California and it took a month.On top of that, they used a cable to pull it on the trailer and damaged my front spoiler.They then tried to say that my own insurance would have to pay for the damage.I could not believe the nerve.Telling me that my insurance would have to pay for their negligence. So I say,DAS sucks!!!!! Sorry to hear your woes.Shipping is such a stressfull time.I wish you luck in getting your money back. Check out these sites for reviews.
http://www.transportreviews.com/
http://www.autotransportreviews.com/

I did talk to a lady at Hilton transport before I used DAS and she was very nice .The only problem was she was having a hard time finding someone coming to California in an enclosed carrier.She refunded my deposit and was so worried that I would leave a bad review.She really cared about her good reputation.You might give them a call.Good luck!

DAS is horrible!!! They transported my Tahoe from Sacramento to South Carolina and it took them almost two months!! They give you some bullshit number to call and track your vehicle and you can hardly ever get in touch with anyone.

silversrt said:
I been there. DAS transportred mine from South Carolina to California and it took a month.On top of that, they used a cable to pull it on the trailer and damaged my front spoiler.They then tried to say that my own insurance would have to pay for the damage.I could not believe the nerve.Telling me that my insurance would have to pay for their negligence. So I say,DAS sucks!!!!! Sorry to hear your woes.Shipping is such a stressfull time.I wish you luck in getting your money back. Check out these sites for reviews.
http://www.transportreviews.com/
http://www.autotransportreviews.com/

I did talk to a lady at Hilton transport before I used DAS and she was very nice .The only problem was she was having a hard time finding someone coming to California in an enclosed carrier.She refunded my deposit and was so worried that I would leave a bad review.She really cared about her good reputation.You might give them a call.Good luck!

I was looking at DAS myself but it took so long just to get a quote from them that I figure the rest of there operation would be the same. It looks like I was able to dodge that snowball only to get hit by another one.

I can make calls for you. Just hit me with a PM and give me all the info I would need.

Man, I am sure nearly every person here who was in the military and had a car transported overseas could tell you a story or two. My entire brigade (about 15,000 people) was moved from Mannheim, Germany to Ft. Lewis, Washington in 1994. I had a VW Golf shipped and I know about twenty other guys who also had their vehicles shipped. I do not know of a single person that did not have to file a shipping damage claim on their vehicle. One guy, my best friend, even had a blown motor on his Isuzu Impulse Turbo AWD when he received the car. What the hell happened? It had 13,000 or so miles on it!!! He couldn't even start it. Had to be towed to the dealer. Luckily, since we were in the Army, all claims were settled within a few weeks with no fighting the transport company.

Sure makes traveling across the country to pick up your vehicle yourself (Me, Kevan, Jack, Patrick) seem like a no-brainer. I know that is not really an option for you in Iraq, but after hearing all the horror stories, I think we will all be a LOT more careful when selecting a shipping company in the future. Good luck with the truck bro. Make sure you have someone who will go over the truck with a fine-toothed comb when it is received.

Greg

I traveled 2600 miles round trip to get mine. Couldn't bear the thought of someone else friggin with my brand spanking new truck . just my .02 but if there were anyway possible i would pick it up myself if I were you . F. the shipping companies.

My wife (Tammy) has a coworker (Susan) who's husband (Tim) drives a transport truck. I don't have any experience with them, nor do I know of anyone that has; however, it may be a good option. He can be reached at 336-454-3062 or 336-688-3727.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back