COUPLE OF PICKS FROM THANKSGIVING.

HV SRT said:
And now back to the tread. Eddie how do do cook them and what do they taste like?
My favorite way to cook em, is to fry them:

Wash the snipe and dry with a cloth.
Mix the ingredients for the marinade together, rub it over the birds and let them stand for 30 minutes.
Heat a deep frying pan and add enough oil to cover the birds.
When it is very hot, lower the birds slowly into the oil and fry till they are golden brown.
Serve the snipe on a bed of lettuce leaves, and with side dishes of pepper and salt mix.

Or try Snipe, With Purslain Leaves

Draw, and make a force-meat for the inside of your snipes, but preserve your ropes for the sauce; spit them across upon a lark spit, cover with bacon and paper, and roast them gently. For sauce, take some purslain leaves or parsley, blanch them well in water, put them in a ladleful of coulis and gravy, a bit of sha-lot. pepper, salt, nutmeg, and parsley; stew them gently for half an hour; have the ropes ready blanched, and put in ; dish up your snipes upon thin slices of bread, tried, squeeze the juice of an orange into your sauce, and serve them up.

Black1 said:
I didn't see any burlap bags.... ;) :D :marchmellow:

Saving the burlap bags for Mikey.

Black1 said:
You'd need a BIG sack. :D

Yeaper, he only has a small sack, so this will do him wonders for his ego.

Bone said:
Yeaper, he only has a small sack, so this will do him wonders for his ego.
Maybe this will work for him.:D

Attachments

• 809_12017364654.jpg
    809_12017364654.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 16
JRSVIPR said:
Maybe this will work for him.:D

He would just put it on backwards, for a rear shot. :D

we normally deep fry quail then simmer them in gravy and onions and eat them with biscuits.

Eddie, forgot to tell you that my dogs went up to my truck when I got home from your place and started sniffing my tires! lol My wife asked why. I told her not to worry about it.

Bone said:
Eddie, forgot to tell you that my dogs went up to my truck when I got home from your place and started sniffing my tires! lol My wife asked why. I told her not to worry about it.

Eddie marking his "territory" again?? lol :D

Brat said:
Well come on down to florida and I will take you snipe hunting.:D :p ;)

Or he can come here to Wadsworth Earl! You were thinking exactly what I was thinking!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back