crankcase vent into exhaust??

71dusterjon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember when i had my f250 diesel that a lot of people would vent their ccv into their exhaust to almost create a vacuum for the ccv. is this such a good idea with these trucks? I already have the ccv vented into a canister with a breather.

I have suggested it many many times, its used alot by the dirt track guys around here, it draws a negative pressure inthe engine sealing the rings a little better and actually providing more hp for a cheap mod, you can get the kit pretty cheap thru summit racing.
works really well on boosted engines;)

I read the directions for the pump and it sound straight forward. Does anyone have this setup? Pictures?

i'm planing on doing it but i'm going to have a nipple welded into my Covers and then do AN line into an exhaust nipple.. it shouldn't matter as long as the exhaust is sucking the shit out of it lol

I did it with the summit kit into the exhaust....POS...the supposingly one way valves burned out and I was blowing exhaust back into my crankcase..:mad: ...just fortunate I caught it...

Tooloe said:
i'm planing on doing it but i'm going to have a nipple welded into my Covers and then do AN line into an exhaust nipple.. it shouldn't matter as long as the exhaust is sucking the shit out of it lol

There is a company that makes the same kit but using AN connections. I used this kit on my car but I cannot remember who made it. Its not as easy as just welding nipples in place. The nipple in the exhaust is a special one that has a 45 degree cut on one side and a slight slice in it as well. By welding the nipple in place at a certain angle and facing the proper direction the exhaust will cause a vacuum in this area. This is what needs to happen. On my kit the one way valve was the breather portion that actually went into the valve cover. When the breather was disassembled it looked like a funnel with a steel ball sitting in the funnel part. The ball acted as the one way valve. Ill see if I can get a picture later tonight when I go home.

i would be interested in doing this. sounds like a good place for the crap oil. would also like to put a block plate on the EGR, who makes one?

i was just about to ask about the one way valves since my boss and i were talking about it. He says there definitely needs to be a oneway valve so that there is no pressure returning into the crank case. It seems that the moroso package in the link is the best bet since it has everything.

scoobert said:
i would be interested in doing this. sounds like a good place for the crap oil. would also like to put a block plate on the EGR, who makes one?
block off plate for the egr valve on the ram srt 10? I make them for $973 shipped, freakin outragous to machine them:argh:

I have something like this on my Duster. But it doesn't work really good until hi RPM.

Bill.

71dusterjon said:
now im looking at these nipples you are supposed to weld in http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOR-97810/?rtype=10
how far down are they supposed to go? in the drawing it looks like it's only a 1/4 way in.

They only go in the the first inch or so. and they normally go in the collector area.
If you are running cats, after the cats would be the best place for the tube.

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
block off plate for the egr valve on the ram srt 10? I make them for $973 shipped, freakin outragous to machine them:argh:

Are you still having stress test issues unless they are made of unobtanium :questionmark::questionmark::questionmark:

OH MAN DON'T DO IT.

scoobert said:

Scoobert you never want to block off the EGR on an SRT-10, it will traumatize the Keneffner valve feedback loop, and set the jellyglass windshield code in the PCM.
This will lead to a condition of upright seats and missalignment in the bed rails, resulting in bedwetting in about 35% of cases.

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
FSTJACK said:
Scoobert you never want to block off the EGR on an SRT-10, it will traumatize the Keneffner valve feedback loop, and set the jellyglass windshield code in the PCM.
This will lead to a condition of upright seats and missalignment in the bed rails, resulting in bedwetting in about 35% of cases.

did i miss drug night at salvation army or something? should i be guessing at this point it dont have one?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back