crankcase ventalaion.

RMARRHEMI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok been getting some oil blowing out the oil filler cap. Had blown intake gasket and so I changed it. was leaking badly. Ok I bought a catch can and silicone hoses. All my vacuum lines were dry rotted so I changed all of them. I found a lot of oil in the intake manifold when I took it off to change the gaskets. I removed and plugged the vent line in the underside of the intake manifold.Now the oil is blowing out the filler cap. put new cap and still does the same thing. I know I could put everything new back as original but I know most people have catch cans on there Srt 10's. So anyone who can offer some advice and maybe photo's of your mod's will be appreciated greatly. My truck is an 06 RC. I also need some advice on clutch for this truck. I am about to rip the motor out and do the rods and pistons and crank and heads and put the stud kit in. want to make it fly so I many of you have modded monsters. any help again will be appreciated.

Make sure your cats are not plugged like a member on here had same issues with crankcase pressure

Yes double check the cats, although the o ring in the oil cap can also be flat from the heat and might need to be replaced

Did you install the catch can or just remove the line from the valve cover to intake?

yes I installed the catch can on my Cold air intake housing. plugged the bottom hole and ran new hoses to catch can. then on to the intake filter.

Make sure your cats are not plugged like a member on here had same issues with crankcase pressure

i have 3 inch high flows and full 3 inch to 3 inch Magna flows so there is no restrictions there. I plugged the exhaust tips while running and both have good pressure.

crankcase ventalaion

Do you have a breather on the front of the block? A lot of 16v turbo guys run lines from the valve cover breather AND the breather on the front of the block to a catch can. To be honest though, your problem sounds like it could be a bit worse than the usual crankcase vent problems.
Have you done a compression or leakdown test lately to see if your rings or pistons are Fd?

You need a closed Catch can. one without a filter.... the Valve cover on the driverside has an orifice. hookup one hose from the valvecover to the catchcan and one hose to the underside of the manifold (for vacuum) to the catchcan. The passenger valve cover gets hosed to the air filter..... I can upload a pic later , if I remember..... :) There is only vacuum under idle or part throttle. at wide open throttle is were most of the blowby happens and there is a lack of vacuum to pull the blowby. that is where the hose going into the airfilter comes in. during max airflow through the filter there is some vacuum to pull the blowby.... This is hoe the factory PCV is setup....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back