crankcase ventilation ?

furgy667

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is mostly stock . Do I need to invest in a better crank case ventilation system for my truck like the one ROE sales ? No boast here atm:) the only thing my truck has is a mangnaflow exhaust and K&N intakake (that I know of ) , do I need to invest int ROE crank case ventilation system for a basically stock motor , or will the factory setup suffice?here is the setup that i am thinking about buying http://www.roeracing.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=67&idproduct=244

Truck only has 8,000 miles on the odo but is my DD. I will put roughly 26,000 miles on it a year . It has to hold up for me so if there is a benefit to added crank case ventilation then I am all for it . If it is something i can Skipp for now and put money back for regular maintenance then that's what i need to do .

Also always run Amsoil in my vehicles with great success . Just looking for info on any one that has run amsoil in there viper powered trucks. I ran the full amsoil set up in my last truck and got 96,000 miles of maintenance free results with 8,000 mile oil change intervals . Just wondering if any member is using amsoil and the results there off.

Thanks

Brandon

I have that breather but the only reason I got it was because my stock oil cap was leaking oil clear down the side of the motor and dirtying the entire underside of my truck. Dealership wouldn't do anything so I did and have not had any more leaks. But unless you have this problem as well, save your money

furgy667 said:
My truck is mostly stock . Do I need to invest in a better crank case ventilation system for my truck like the one ROE sales ? No boast here atm:) the only thing my truck has is a mangnaflow exhaust and K&N intakake (that I know of ) , do I need to invest int ROE crank case ventilation system for a basically stock motor , or will the factory setup suffice?here is the setup that i am thinking about buying http://www.roeracing.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=67&idproduct=244

Truck only has 8,000 miles on the odo but is my DD. I will put roughly 26,000 miles on it a year . It has to hold up for me so if there is a benefit to added crank case ventilation then I am all for it . If it is something i can Skipp for now and put money back for regular maintenance then that's what i need to do .

Also always run Amsoil in my vehicles with great success . Just looking for info on any one that has run amsoil in there viper powered trucks. I ran the full amsoil set up in my last truck and got 96,000 miles of maintenance free results with 8,000 mile oil change intervals . Just wondering if any member is using amsoil and the results there off.

Thanks

Brandon

I use the premium Amsoil with the bypass filter system. In my other truck I put well over 100k mi., and only changed the oil about four or five times total. When we opened that engine up it still looked new on the inside with no obvious wear.

I have one and I think it looks awesome and is doing a job it was designed to do, stock or 1000hp. Worth the money IMO. ;)
(Mind the "odd" colored headers, will be coated before long).

Billy_Boat_Headers___Roe_Oil1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back