crankshaft sensor circuit error code

cbmcavoy

Reaction score
Truck is running terrible and whenever rpms start to rise it starts sputtering and backfiring, today it did this and then completely shut off. CEL came on and gave code for crankshaft sensor circuit. Any thoughts??

Truck is running terrible and whenever rpms start to rise it starts sputtering and backfiring, today it did this and then completely shut off. CEL came on and gave code for crankshaft sensor circuit. Any thoughts??

Yup replace it. Could be cam sensor as well since both work in conjunction.

Any suggestions of where to purchase these parts? How difficult is the install? Truck has paxton on it and I have heard that it can be tough to get to.

what year beast???

Ive not heard good things about Autozone type of crank/cam sensors...Others might chime in but i think your better off with the dealer on this one BRA...

Thanks for the Help! Parts are ordered, fingers crossed!

Venomous1 is right. I reached out to him with the same problem. Other mechanics was trying to charge $$$$$ of dollars.Went to auto zone& bought it, easy install. And sensor cost about 10-16 bucks. Thanks venomous1, I owe I lunch. Never had a problem again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant to say I owe u lunch venomous1, I really appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the crankshaft position sensor, any helpful hints or videos about installing??
thanks

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back