Crating and Shiiping and SRT Bed Cover

FATJACK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need help. What would be the best way to crate and ship something as large and heavy (and fragile) as one of our bedcovers and spoiler?? SRTAHOLIC in Montana really wants this and I really need to sell it but I would hate for it to get there and be totally screwed up. What to do??

after all the trouble to put that thing on in macon and now your going to sell it :dontknow:

Yeah I know, don't really want to sell it , need the money.:(:(

When I received mine several years ago...it was in a box that was filled with foam. That foam stuff works great!! Make sure to put a plastic bag over it...they should have something for that at UPS or FEDEX....Good Luck.

Just a heads up take pictures of everything, I had a claim for some headlights and they wanted to know how the product had been packed.

Shrink wrapping, packaging, foam filler and crating materials, I would guess, cost somewhere around $150.00 - $200.00 (without labor). Then who knows how much for truck freight and insurance. Several years ago I bought a set of 35x12.5x17 tires and 17x9 wheels from a guy in AL. He shipped them to me via Roadway strapped onto a pallet -- no other packaging. Price wise was around $400.00, which we split.

I'd call Roadway or somebody similar and ask them for a quote.

Jack, Get Dan to Build you a Crate out of Wood he has left over from some of his Jobs. He has his sitting in storage to use as a template. That will let him look at which would be the best support, wooden felt covered blocks or the spray foam... :)

Material would be minimal cost and you know it would be build right and not fall apart !!!! :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back