Crazy idea....

ViperCLKGTR

Reaction score
So at work we have a few Ram 1500 with the 5.7/8-Speed combo... Man that 8-Speed can make that bad boy scoot.... So it's got me thinking, could the 8-Speed be mated to the 505? I would be willing to bet you would shave time off of the 0-60 and 1/4.

Should even give a better mpg rating.....

Do you have deep pockets? Because you're going to need them to make that happen.

Do you have deep pockets? Because you're going to need them to make that happen.

You need to read between the lines, SuperMod. He's talking about just swapping his 48RE into the Hemi, and the 8 speed into the '10. The other guys at work might not even notice. :D

You need to read between the lines, SuperMod. He's talking about just swapping his 48RE into the Hemi, and the 8 speed into the '10. The other guys at work might not even notice. :D

hmmmmmm no no I didn't um say that .:cough:. .:cough:.

The other problem would be the shifter... Jeeze I would love to do it I just couldn't imagine the cost...

I think the largest hurdle would be a stand alone trans controller to operate that bad boy torque flite....I think its just a matter of time before a stand alone is out, it has to be done!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back