Cruise Control Issues

Reaction score
I will be driving along and decide to put the truck into cruise. I will turn it on and get conformation from the light in the dash that says "cruise". I will then set the cruise to the speed I want, usually 65+ in 6th. The truck will hold speed for a couple of minutes and then suddenly, the cruise control light turns off, and I no longer have cruise control set. When I try to turn the system back on, The light will not turn on, thus not allowing me to set it at any speed. The only way to get the light to turn back on is to completely shut the truck off. Once turned back on, The cruise system will turn back on and I can set the speed again, Only to have it shut off again after a few min. Any ideas?

I will be driving along and decide to put the truck into cruise. I will turn it on and get conformation from the light in the dash that says "cruise". I will then set the cruise to the speed I want, usually 65+ in 6th. The truck will hold speed for a couple of minutes and then suddenly, the cruise control light turns off, and I no longer have cruise control set. When I try to turn the system back on, The light will not turn on, thus not allowing me to set it at any speed. The only way to get the light to turn back on is to completely shut the truck off. Once turned back on, The cruise system will turn back on and I can set the speed again, Only to have it shut off again after a few min. Any ideas?

just had same problem, reset the CPU good to go, it had a code that messed with the cruise control.. Good luck mate.

thewelshm

I just head almost same problem , but I head rear 02 code and TB position code . Soon as I clears a cods cruise started working .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back