Cup Holder options???

vvv90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After several spilled coffee's I'm really ticked at these things.

Who designed these? Some idiot who loves plastic thermo mugs apparently. :mad:

Are there any options for a more sturdy insert to buy???

Everyone with a RC feels your pain. I use mine to mix salad.

I use mine to hold the extra C-16 fuel:D

bro contact Gary, have him cut a insert from billet aluminum to fit in your holder.

I remember back awhile a few cars came with rubber inserts to take up the space, but sorry dont remember which ones:dontknow:

do you really plan on going 155 mph and drinking something? just playing. ya really you have the only option for cup holders and they suck.

i feel your pain.

Pour your coffee into a beer bottle. I've found that's the only thing that fits in my cup holder. :D

I agree we need some kind of ring for the RC's that will hold a damn cup of coffee or standard travel mug. I've been looking around wally world and other automotive centers for something that will fit and have found nothing. I wonder what it would take to have something custom made. I've spilled more shit in my 10 than any other vehicle I have owned all due to Chrysler's great engineering.

Cablefed said:
I agree we need some kind of ring for the RC's that will hold a damn cup of coffee or standard travel mug. I've been looking around wally world and other automotive centers for something that will fit and have found nothing. I wonder what it would take to have something custom made. I've spilled more shit in my 10 than any other vehicle I have owned all due to Chrysler's great engineering.
+100.
That's exactly what I would have posted. My research has turned up jack.

I'm considering ordering a QC cup holder.

Kevan said:
I'm considering ordering a QC cup holder.

Does anyone have a picture of a QC cup holder? I heard they pop out. Not sure how this would work on an RC. :dontknow:

I'm also wondering if a piece of black PVC could be cut and velcro'd to the bottom.

vvv90 said:
Does anyone have a picture of a QC cup holder? I heard they pop out. Not sure how this would work on an RC. :dontknow:

I'm also wondering if a piece of black PVC could be cut and velcro'd to the bottom.
I checked out the QC cup holder last night. There's a huge amount of wasted space (ANOTHER "F" in Design class)....which would absolutely block the shifter.

I did try my Chesterfield Auto Glass beverage coozie (foam can cover to keep your beverage cold/hidden from cops). I could trim it to the proper height then insert it into the holders.
The problem is, the owner of Chesterfield Auto Glass is a cool guy and I don't want to cut up his promo product.

I'll keep searching.

Don't have food or drink in the truck . . :idea: :D

I found out right away in 04 that Starbucks and an RC dont mix well!!! LOL

Hidious design.........Only drink that doesnt spill is a gatoraide bottle with a screw cap that you lay in the box area above the cup holders........Everything else flies right out of the cup holder!!! They really are a joke!!

patrick

Roz-SRT said:
Don't have food or drink in the truck . . :idea: :D
Finally Roz and I agree on something :D :rock: :elefant:

Some of us actually use our trucks and need our coffee or Mt. Dew on the way to work. I also go weeks without washing the truck, haul stuff in the back, and smoke in my truck. I know....I know...I'm a disgrace to the VTCOA community. I will however continue to drink coffee in my truck and some day save all drinks from getting spilled in 04-05 RC's. Whats the point of having the truck if you don't use it?

Cablefed said:
Some of us actually use our trucks and need our coffee or Mt. Dew on the way to work. I also go weeks without washing the truck, haul stuff in the back, and smoke in my truck. I know....I know...I'm a disgrace to the VTCOA community. I will however continue to drink coffee in my truck and some day save all drinks from getting spilled in 04-05 RC's. Whats the point of having the truck if you don't use it?
Get a Ford F-350 it is total work truck ;) ;) ;)

It's ok, you paid for it, you should use it just how you want to. Mine is a garage queen and she likes it that way :elefant: :elefant:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back