100_1737.JPG

100_1741.JPG

100_1743.JPG

100_1754.JPG

100_1761.JPG

100_1756.JPG

100_1758.JPG

100_1762.JPG

First of all I want to thank my powdercoater (my Dad), as he once again did an excellent job on everything. This is a two stage setup with a small dry shot for the first stage (25-50HP) and a larger wet shot for the second stage (100-150). My plan is to spray first with the small shot on the stock tires, and then hit the larger shot in second. Im more worried about 2nd than first, but it really does hook well on concrete streets, even in this weather. With drag radials or DOT's I'll probably spray it all out of the hole, so it wont need to be two stages.

To prevent distribution problems we drilled and tapped the manifold and placed the nozzles right after the TB. This was decided after much debate with a fellow N20 Junkie and good friend, Joe Donovan of Performacne by Joe (Viper tuner, and I consider him to be the worlds best VEC2 and Roe blower tuner). The air inlet for the TB's are always elbows, so it makes it difficult to evenly distribute N20 and fuel on both sides, with the nozzles as we did them, the distribution is as good as its going to get from a non-fogger style system. The smaller dry shot sprays into the CAI tube and will distribute reasonably well. Its not nearly as critical because there is no fuel spraying there, and its such a small shot on such a large engine.

We made a custom bracket for the solenoids and mounted them above the intake to keep the nozzle feed lines short. The lines are all hardline 3/16" stainless except the fuel and N20 solenoid inlets. I also removed the extra battery tray and made a bracket to hold the VEC2 and the N20 relays. The VEC2 will act as my window switch, and it allows multiple tunes for different levels of N20, plus a max power (no timing removed) N/A tune. The purge will eventually run from under the intake, up through the hood light wiring, under the hood pad, and out the NACA duct using 3/16 1000Psi rated black nylon tube. You can see the stainless hardline going under the manifold now, and I will use a high pressure compression fitting to connect the lines.

Inside I made a custom dash panel that holds switches for the dry shot, the wet shot, the bottle heater, and the purge. Theres also LEDs for the first three switches, an AEM wideband guage, and the serial port connector for the VEC2 (download tunes on the fly with my laptop or windows mobile device). I think Im going to swap the oil temp guage in the pillar and the AEM though, as its a little too low to read while accelerating.

Also inside, I mounted my TPAS switch (reads TPS voltage to turn N20 on under WOT instead of the microswitches that always fail) and heater relay (and trailer brake controller) under the lower console. I mounted the bottle behind the passengers seat (lost approx 2" of seat back travel, but the wife approved LOL) and it has a heater and guage on it. The bottle has a Viper head logo that is powdercoated in (thanks again Dad!). I like having the bottle inside instead of in the bed, as I can open it while driving down the road, it stays in the correct temperature range better, and by standing it up, you can get more N20 out of it without loosing pressure. You do lose some inside storage and a little seatback travel however.

I cant wait to get some #'s and track times from this thing, the truck made 441/471 with just the CAI and manifold back catless dual 3" exhaust. Since then Ive added Belanger long tubes, the VEC2 and the N20, hopefully I'll have time within a week or two to get it down to Performance by Joes dyno.
Justin

Hey Justin,

I was just thinkin, you know I just drove your truck last week. How about another test drive? :D

What ya think??:star:

j/k, That looks awesome!!

Thanks for the compliments, theres alot of hard work and time in it for sure.

ViperTruck2933 said:
Hey Justin,

I was just thinkin, you know I just drove your truck last week. How about another test drive? :D

What ya think??:star:

j/k, That looks awesome!!

Your next in line for a N20 install right? You cant have some young punk with a faster truck than you LOL :burnout:
Justin

looks awsome!!!! are you gonna make up a kit for others to buy?

saaaawweeeet. nice job. how many days did that take ya anyways,
When are the kits gonna be on the website so i can start saving sum moola!

The basic kits and accessories are on the site:
http://jmbperformance.com/store/index.php?cPath=66_101

The custom stuff I can make up and ship out, like the brackets, dash bezel, etc., but you would still have to bend some hard lines no matter what (or use flex lines). Alot of it is just attention to detail on the install, stuff anyone can do (clean wire routing, etc.). Powdercoating all the small parts could easily be done here as well and shipped out.

How long did it take me? LOL, I've got some time in this project, mostly because its the first SRT truck Ive done, but I did the AEM, Long tubes and custom mids, and trailer tow package stuff all at the same time. I would guess 30 hours or so for everything.

I really appreciate the compliments, Im a pretty young guy (25), and work my ass off for everything ive got, it really makes it all worth while when you post pics or take it to the shows or track. Thanks again,
Justin

Awesome just doesn't seem to do it justice......

That is one of the coolest things I've ever seen

very cool, bending lines are no problem, im a plumber. the brackets to make it look as sweet as that is what i was curious about. very very cool man ill save some money and ill plan on getting a bunch of goodies from you!!!

JMB Justin said:
....I really appreciate the compliments, Im a pretty young guy (25), and work my ass off for everything ive got, it really makes it all worth while when you post pics or take it to the shows or track. Thanks again,
Justin

Young guys work the HARDEST! :rock: (27 here. ;) :D ) Good luck in the new venture bro! ....

I will have a full right-up on all the stuff I am gonna get from Justin, in the next few weeks guys. :rock: Stay tuned. :D :burnout:

clean install , but may i ask the differenc ebetween that and a fogger set up? isnt a fogger just the name on the nos brand nozzle that is similar to the same nozzle your running on your nx kit?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back