Custom silver painted double DIN

weedahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had bought this dash piece some time back and either the owner neglected to mention the small crack or it happened during shipping (although the box looked fine). My fault because I didnt open the box until weeks later and by then it was too late.

These SRT dashes are NOT cheap as compared to non SRT pieces. That little damn push button hole costs a lot of coins :dontknow:

Anyway, I went ahead and did the center piece and sent it out for paint. It is the standard PSB silver with clear coat. It is modified to fit any double DIN.

Please see the pic as there is one small crack at the bottom. I was going to heat it up and plastic weld it but decided against it for now.

I looks exactly like this EXCEPT it does not have the two smaller pieces on each side painted. If you want those painted please LMK and I can send it back out to have done for a small fee.

$325 shipped with tracking. Also comes with custom brackets and anti theft screws to keep the head unit (not included) from being stolen.

2012-07-26_22-56-37_309_wm.jpg

2012-08-19_22-20-49_106.jpg

I've got a couple of questions. How hard it it to hook a DDin to the factory amp and speakers? Is there anything in the dash area that has to be cut to fit the DDin. Ive got an Alpine headset that works with the iphone with nav I'd like to use but worry it may not work right. I know the steering wheel controls are out but a OK trade off for a better headset.
Is the 2005 the same exact as this one?

There is a piece in the dash that needs to be cut out. See pics below. I use a hot knife but a air/hack saw can be used as well as a dremel or even a soldering iron to melt it out of the way.

If you want to keep the OEM system , you need a harness. How hard id it to connect? Not hard. You simply follow the instructions on the harness package most of the time that will tell you what wire on the harness goes to what wire on the head unit. I used to have a Pioneer AVIC Z1 with Nav, BT and everything else and they work just fine. This dash piece is the same for all 02-05 rams but the SRTs were 04-05

2011-09-07_13-24-14_765_wm.jpg

2011-09-07_13-24-26_120_wm.jpg

I've got a couple of questions. How hard it it to hook a DDin to the factory amp and speakers? Is there anything in the dash area that has to be cut to fit the DDin. Ive got an Alpine headset that works with the iphone with nav I'd like to use but worry it may not work right. I know the steering wheel controls are out but a OK trade off for a better headset.
Is the 2005 the same exact as this one?

I just did this about a month ago using one of weedaho's bezels. Install is easy and steering wheel controls are not out, you can get an Axxess interface and they work perfect. Use my controls everyday and I have a Pioneer Z140BT installed.

I just did this about a month ago using one of weedaho's bezels. Install is easy and steering wheel controls are not out, you can get an Axxess interface and they work perfect. Use my controls everyday and I have a Pioneer Z140BT installed.

Hey Josh did you rewire all the speakers or did you use that module to run off factory amp?

Hey Josh did you rewire all the speakers or did you use that module to run off factory amp?

All of my wires have been replaced already and I am running a Memphis 1000 watt for my mids and highs and a (unsure brand) mono 1000 watt for bass. The factory amp is still installed but I dont think its plugged into anything. Just never took it out.

All of my wires have been replaced already and I am running a Memphis 1000 watt for my mids and highs and a (unsure brand) mono 1000 watt for bass. The factory amp is still installed but I dont think its plugged into anything. Just never took it out.

ah gotcha. Yea i gotta wire mine all up still since im not using a factory stereo anymore

Thanks for the feedback. My OEM system was the factory Infinity. Like others, I bought 100ft of 14ga wire and rewired my truck and left all my OEM wiring alone. Just was easier that way for me and cost less too

Thanks for the feedback. My OEM system was the factory Infinity. Like others, I bought 100ft of 14ga wire and rewired my truck and left all my OEM wiring alone. Just was easier that way for me and cost less too

Smartest way probley too that way you dont jack up all the factory stuff incase you ever sell the truck and want to put stock stuff back easier

bump back to the top. Im willing to sell this pretty cheap for just materials and parts alone!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back