Cutting down Roll Bar Links

sinus19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be lowering the 10 here soon and i noticed that my stabilizer bar end links up front are worn out. I will be getting new ones and i was wondering if its possible to cut them down 1.5" inches to compensate for the drop and weld them back together. I have a fabrication shop here that do really good work and i fully trust. Just wondering if this would be an option? Im assuming they are just carbon steel right?

I know JMB has them available at the correct height but the price seems a bit steep for my wallet especially now that i just spent $700 on custom headlights.
I can get new OEM end links for $80 and spend $40 to get them cut down and rewelded.

I would just spend the $80. Not worth the effort. the welds will be stronger than the parent metal but the heat affected zone, right beside the weld, will be brittle and probably crack.

Google my friend. The regular ram guys slove this problem with a ford oem part. Exactly the same as ours but 2 inches shorter.

thanks guys... i did google and found out that Scott cut his down and welded them back. i will look for that OEM ford part! thanks

well i found the thread where they are using an OEM Ford part. From the looks of their pictures, The Bar is still not level. So i bit the bullet and bought some MevoTech endlinks front and back for $100 of Rockauto and im just going to cut them down and reweld them. I'll make sure to post some pictures and update soon as i get the lowering kit from Tony.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back