Dana 60

tourdemon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I swap out my 08 Hemi 4x4 rear end with one from an 05 QC SRT?

I would assume yes but I'm not positive. If anything I think you would just need to have the end of your driveshaft cut off and replaced with the yoke from the SRT so the universal joint would fit. Sometimes you can get lucky and they will actually have universals that have the different size caps on each side of the universal so you wouldn't need to modify your driveshaft. Although those tend to be more expensive. The best way is probably to have the driveshaft altered and just run the traditional SRT u-joint.

Short answer, yes. You can do anything you set your mind to. :)

There may be a few things that need to be replaced like stealth said, but I don't see why it couldn't.

Thanks for the info, on another note, instead of replacing the entire rear axle can I just replace the rotors and install the SRT 10 rear calipers?

Thanks for the info, on another note, instead of replacing the entire rear axle can I just replace the rotors and install the SRT 10 rear calipers?

Possibly. But for the work it would require, just buy the entire axle for $800 from X2 and get everything you want all at once. Whatever you don't use sell and get some of that money back.

Possibly. But for the work it would require, just buy the entire axle for $800 from X2 and get everything you want all at once. Whatever you don't use sell and get some of that money back.

Already have the front and rear brakes and rotors as well as front spindles.

The gear ratio 1:4.10-2004&1:4.56-2005/2006 better match the front diff or bad things will happen the next time you use 4X4.

I know someone with one of those too if you need one

Think I will stick with just the front brakes and spindles and swap the rear rotors and calipers onto my existing axle. Put the Dana 60 on hold.

If you rethink the whole thing I think Tincup may have a rear axle from a QC. Might want to shoot him a message.

The Dana 60 in the 10's is a POS, why would you want it? There are no aftermarket parts available for it as it is a one off built C-clip POS.

The Dana 60 in the 10's is a POS, why would you want it? There are no aftermarket parts available for it as it is a one off built C-clip POS.

I knew I missed your sweet way of explaining things! :D Not going to say it's the best rear-end ever but there are a lot of guys with a lot of miles on them. If you can pick one up for a reasonable price and it's a bolt in application I would take it over a stock 1500 rear axle. Just my .02

Haha, no bullshit in my thinking....straight to it.

I guess with what my goals were the Dana was no good. C-Clips, lack of aftermarket parts, inability to install 15" wheels, etc....

I did it on my Rumble Bee, I bought a rear end from a member on here. It was from an 05 that had been rolled over. You just need to shorten the driveshaft and use the Viper u-joint. You have to have the driveshaft cut down as well, I dont remember how much though. I have the SRT10 brakes on mime too. Everything fits and works absolutely fine. Ass end lights up quick now lol

I knew I missed your sweet way of explaining things! :D Not going to say it's the best rear-end ever but there are a lot of guys with a lot of miles on them. If you can pick one up for a reasonable price and it's a bolt in application I would take it over a stock 1500 rear axle. Just my .02

The 9.25 Chrysler axle blows. I got on mine one day and it ate itself from the inside out lol it was nasty

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back