Danica Patrick in NASCAR?!?

amoparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else read this article on MSNBC?

Report: Danica might move to NASCAR
'I'm trying to get her here,' says father of Indy Racing League star

MSNBC News Services
Updated: 57 minutes ago

JOLIET, Ill. - Danica Patrick could be leaving the Indy Racing League and joining the NASCAR circuit by 2007, if her father has his way, the Orlando Sentinel reported Monday.

"I'm trying to get her here [into NASCAR]," said T.J. Patrick, who has been Patrick's manager since childhood.

Her father told the Sentinel he was having exploratory talks with some NASCAR teams at Chicagoland Speedway on Sunday.

"We've had some inquiries," T.J. Patrick told the Sentinel. He and his wife Bev Patrick attended NASCAR's USG Sheetrock 400 on Sunday.

Patrick's parents were in the Nextel Cup garage area Sunday as guests of Roush Racing, the Sentinel said. The Roush team includes drivers Mark Martin, Matt Kenseth, Carl Edwards, Greg Biffle and Jamie McMurray.

Danica Patrick's contract with Rahal-Letterman Racing team ends after this season. The Sentinel said the Patricks are negotiating with other IRL teams as well as NASCAR teams.

Patrick finished fourth in the Indianapolis 500 last year.

Now that is something I would like to see. :rock: :burnout:

Stretch

Boy the Indy leage would cry if she left them. Her presence has boosted their ratings big time. It would be interesting if she could handle Nascar style racing. I wouldnt mind seeing her every weekend on my tv at all too!

Can you name any Indy race besides the Indianapolis 500? Most people have no idea where they race or how often. Nascar is huge!!! Huge tv money etc..

patrick

NASCAR better watch themselves though, they are turning into Indy/CART. First they bring in Toyota and now they are talking about bringing in all these open wheel drivers. If they distance themselves from their fan base they will soon find themselves in the same place that CART now is, the shitter.

Good point Bob.

Learning curve will be pretty large so I wouldnt expect any of them to do overly well their first year. Paul Tracy raced at Daytona in Feb and didnt he crash or something?

patrick

She would probably do about as well as Kerry Earndhardt......wait Kerry is a guy :eek:
I love Danica but I don't think she handle the bump draft :burnout:

1danica110.jpg

cummin4u said:
She would probably do about as well as Kerry Earndhardt......wait Kerry is a guy :eek:
I love Danica but I don't think she handle the bump draft :burnout:

1danica110.jpg

Can I bump her draft?:p :D :D

I think she would do better than most people think. She is a tough cookie out there. I'd be interested to see how she does with good equipment. Now, put her in a bad car from a bad team, no one can make that run good.

Stretch

Everytime I see her, all I can say is WOW....honestly, she would bring up attendance with any group she joined:

Women's soccer
NASCAR
Jeopardy
Lesbian TV

It doesn't matter, she draws attention....yummy...

She will fit in just fine.....she can crash with the best of them.

Walt

I'd like to see her busch...I mean I would like to see her make it in busch first:D

cummin4u said:
I'd like to see her busch...I mean I would like to see her make it in busch first:D

Both are good ideas :D

If you like tasty brunettes, check out Jordana Brewster or Kate Beckinsale (sp?).....they don't race, but then I don't care :burnout:

Big Perm said:
Everytime I see her, all I can say is WOW....honestly, she would bring up attendance with any group she joined:

Women's soccer
NASCAR
Jeopardy
Lesbian TV

It doesn't matter, she draws attention....yummy...
She would more than likely bring up attendance, you are right. But so would a wall of fire at the start/finish line. I am not knocking her (though that wouldn't be a bad thing LOL), but NASCAR is in a position right now where they really don't need to promote themselves this way. Right now it is about the racing, and as long as it stays that way they will be around for a long time. Once it turns into a dog and pony show, it won't last long. The core audience is still Stinker and his family hehehehe. Hell, there are still an awful lot of NASCAR fans that don't like the idea of Jimmy Johnson and the rest of the Yankees being out there, but at least they are American and they are men.

I really don't think she can drive that well.....open wheel.....I think she is more hype than anything else.

Walt

Quote: Jimmy Spencer on Juan Pablow joining NASCAR "NASCAR has been searching for a latino driver to increase it's fan base" next it'll be dwarfs and democrats......:dancing:

Last edited:
cummin4u said:
Quote: Jimmy Spencer on Juan Pablow joining NASCAR "NASCAR has been searching for a latino driver to increase it's fan base" next it'll be duarfs and democrats......:dancing:
LOL.......:burnout:

I actually don't have a problem with Jaun Pablo Montoya, Paul Tracy or Danica Patrick coming to race. I would rather see them in the field than them guys that have been qualifing 41-43 running 2 laps and pulling it into the pits and parking. I mean who gives a crap about Brent Sherman, Stanton Barrett or Kirk Shelmerdine. Even the Michael Waltrips, Sterling Marlin and Ken Schrader seem to spend the entire race 15 laps down. I want great competiton every week, I want to see every driver going for it. And if it means Danica and not Mikey, I'm all for it, Jaun Pablo and not Kirk Shelmerdine, it'll make my day. So bring it on. Let them stand toe to toe and may the best driver, kick ass.

Go DaleJr

cummin4u said:
Quote: Jimmy Spencer on Juan Pablow joining NASCAR "NASCAR has been searching for a latino driver to increase it's fan base" next it'll be dwarfs and democrats......:dancing:
Cool, I got a shot with that dwarf thing LOL.

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:
I actually don't have a problem with Jaun Pablo Montoya, Paul Tracy or Danica Patrick coming to race. I would rather see them in the field than them guys that have been qualifing 41-43 running 2 laps and pulling it into the pits and parking. I mean who gives a crap about Brent Sherman, Stanton Barrett or Kirk Shelmerdine. Even the Michael Waltrips, Sterling Marlin and Ken Schrader seem to spend the entire race 15 laps down. I want great competiton every week, I want to see every driver going for it. And if it means Danica and not Mikey, I'm all for it, Jaun Pablo and not Kirk Shelmerdine, it'll make my day. So bring it on. Let them stand toe to toe and may the best driver, kick ass.

Go DaleJr
Don't forget Hermie Sadler. I quit watching craftsman trucks after toyota came in. I don't care who drives if they can hang in there and be competitive, but as far as I know toyota never ever produced a pushrod V-8, and now the car of tomorrow is nothing but a spec car. Give me the '69 and '70 powered wing cars with Hemi's and no restrictor plates:D

mopower1958 said:
Don't forget Hermie Sadler. I quit watching craftsman trucks after toyota came in. I don't care who drives if they can hang in there and be competitive, but as far as I know toyota never ever produced a pushrod V-8, and now the car of tomorrow is nothing but a spec car. Give me the '69 and '70 powered wing cars with Hemi's and no restrictor plates:D

You'll get no arguement from me. I enjoyed 79-89 and the type of racing we got back then.

BUT

I also like the safety that we have now.

And as far as toyota goes....As long as they don't change the engine rules to make it easier for toyota, I don't care. They didn't do it for Dodge, They haven't done it for Ford, and Chevy never catches a break(just ask em). Oh and by the way, my SRT-10 was built in Mexico, so it would be bad for me do say its more American than the toyota's assembled in the US.

And for whats its worth. I don't care how often a toyota wins on Sunday, I will never buy it on Monday. toyota sucks.

K-80-123 said:
I really don't think she can drive that well.....open wheel.....I think she is more hype than anything else.

Walt

I agree. Last year in the Indy 500 during the first few laps she was all over the damn track. If a car went by her she wet her panties.

She is a poor driver with a good team and good equipment.

mopower1958 said:

For the most part I hate NASCAB racing. As you stated, it's a F' ing spec car. It used to be you could look at a car and tell if it was a Chevy, Pontiac, Oldmobile, Buick, Ford, Mercury, Dodge, or Plymouth. NASCAB is nothing more than the professional wrestling of motorsports. They put on a show, not a race.

Go ahead and slam me.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back