Dash board lights

80boboli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has any one ever tried to change the color of the dash board from green numbers to red or any other color??

I changed the color in my Dakota from green to blue. Got all the bulbs from RadioShack. The cluster will have to be taken all the way apart I'm sure bk that is what I had to do in the kato. I all so changed the A/C and light switch lights to blue also. The cluster bulbs are just a twist out bulb but the others I had to solder in. I have been thinking about doing it the srt-10. I will look and see if I have some bulbs left over and post the part numbers might be the same, but it will give you an idea. The only lights I couldn't change was the gear selector and the mileage.

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

Last edited:
that looks slick. Thats what i'm lookin for i have a red RC and with the white face gauges i think red would look better than green. In my mazda 3 i have white gauges and the numbers glow red and there are black lights above so all the white glows blue purple. if you can find any thing on the bulb and how to disassemble the cluster let me know

lookin good:rock:

wonder if a place like SuperBrightLEDs would have something that would work????

another question i have is, can ya move all the important gauges together????

move the water temp. & oil pressure by the tach:dontknow:

Im not sure if it is 100% true but i have heard you have to take the entire dash out to get the cluster to change the bulbs.

Changing them red would be pretty hard/impossible. You can see it in the above pics of the AC controls, the red dosent show through. Green to Blue swap is easy because the light wavelengths are similar.. a green to red shift are on near opposite sides of the spectrum.

CHRGEIT said:
I changed the color in my Dakota from green to blue. Got all the bulbs from RadioShack. The cluster will have to be taken all the way apart I'm sure bk that is what I had to do in the kato. I all so changed the A/C and light switch lights to blue also. The cluster bulbs are just a twist out bulb but the others I had to solder in. I have been thinking about doing it the srt-10. I will look and see if I have some bulbs left over and post the part numbers might be the same, but it will give you an idea. The only lights I couldn't change was the gear selector and the mileage.

Looks sick, regular bulbs or led?

I got the push to lock bulbs from superbrightleds.com for the dash lights. Don't recall what the part number was. I have been trying to find it bk I'm thinking it will be the same. I'm still looking, but here is the link.

NeoWedge series LED Lamp Specifications

Will post some info on the head light and A/C controls this afternoon.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back